Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Column in pivot table missing - what am I doing wrong?

Hi

[EDIT]

Don't knock yourselves out trying to answer this - it's only for me that it is broken - it looks OK for the users, so it feels like some sort of caching problem, but if you've come across it & have solved it, please pass on the information.  I've just wasted about 90 mins looking into this.

[END EDIT]

I have made some changes to one of our QVWs - I took the live copy, saved it to the test directory (changing the name), made the changes (one of which was to remove a dimension from a pivot table & add a calculated dimension). Then, with the new name, put it in the live directory, & in the management console set the category to live & allocated a couple of CALs so that certain users could check and approve the changes - all good so far.

This morning, I took an archive copy of the live version & deleted the live qvw, changed the name of the approved version to match the old one, reloaded the data & voila - the calculated dimension column is missing when viewed via the web.

I have tried going back to QlikView & saving the qvw with the old live name, but that doesn't change things.  Worryingly, when restoring the archived version of the qvw, the column is still missing.

Any ideas on how to troubleshoot this?  I'm tempted to simply move the CALs to the approved version & get people to use that one as a pragmatic solution, but I'd like to understand why this is happening.

We have QlikView version 11.0.11440.0 SR2, and Management Console version 11.20 SR6

Regards, Stewart

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

Is session recovery enabled - qmc/system/setup/yourserver/documents - if is then the last selections/positions/layoutings will be stored. Within the access point you have by each application a small link "view details" and there "remove last document state" with which you could clear them and gets this state like the origin application is saved on.

- Marcus

View solution in original post

3 Replies
marcus_sommer

Is session recovery enabled - qmc/system/setup/yourserver/documents - if is then the last selections/positions/layoutings will be stored. Within the access point you have by each application a small link "view details" and there "remove last document state" with which you could clear them and gets this state like the origin application is saved on.

- Marcus

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Brilliant Marcus - this fixed it for me, many thanks.

Regards, Stewart

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

And as I was typing that reply, a user approached me with a different error - thanks to your reply, I knew exactly what to do to fix it