Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Combining Alternate and Inherited States

Is it possible to create a line chart that combines the average line from my inherited state, with an expression from an alternate state? Specifically, in the attached, I want to have the top inherited chart show what it currently shows, the bottom chart to show what it currently shows, but I want to add the ability to combine Company C's % Returns to this bottom chart, without affecting the average line of the bottom chart, or the top chart.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

I don't see how this can be improved using Alternate State. There might be a way to do this using variable. May be look into the attached and see if this is any faster

View solution in original post

10 Replies
sunny_talwar

Check this:

If(Only({$+AltState1}DIM)=1,

Only({$+AltState1}aggr(sum({$+AltState1}PercentRet_atInterval),ID,RelativeDayBuild,TimeofDayBuild)),

avg(TOTAL<RelativeDayAndTime> aggr(sum(PercentRet_atInterval),ID,RelativeDayBuild,TimeofDayBuild))

)

Capture.PNG

Not applicable
Author

Hey Sunny - I'm afraid my actual data model is very large and this seems to be causing a severe drag on speed. Is there another way around this?

sunny_talwar

Is the requirement that you want to see a line for all Company, but the average for the selected ones?

Not applicable
Author

Going back to my original file, I need two lines in the bottom chart. I need a line chart with the dynamic average line of companies that are selected in the top chart (so the average line is the same in both charts regardless of filter). But then I also need the ability in the bottom chart to be able to include the line of actual returns for any specific company chosen in the Alt State (could be A, B, or C). So when I filter again in the inherited state, it will affect the companies plotted in the top chart, and the average line in both charts, but not the specific Company in the bottom chart that I selected in the Alt State list box.

sunny_talwar

Can you check now

Note: Avg of A and B seems to exactly match with C's number, so make sure to choose another company in AltState1 when you have A and B selected in inherited state.

Not applicable
Author

Yes this is very close. However, when I filter for A and B in the top chart, and only for Company C in the bottom chart, I need to have two lines in the bottom chart. The Average line (from Companies A and B), and the return line of Company C. Is this do-able?

Not applicable
Author

Sorry, just saw your note. I don't think this is the case..The average for "-1 6:00:00" is .03, while Company C is .06, and for "-1 12:00:00" is .03, while Company C is -.03?

sunny_talwar

See if it is working and giving you right solution

If(Only({AltState1+$}DIM) = 1,

Only({AltState1} Aggr(Sum({AltState1}PercentRet_atInterval),ID,RelativeDayBuild,TimeofDayBuild)),

avg({$}TOTAL<RelativeDayAndTime> aggr(sum({$}PercentRet_atInterval),ID,RelativeDayBuild,TimeofDayBuild))

)

Not applicable
Author

Yes thank you, it works great. However, it's severely slowed down the application as my data model is very large (millions of rows). Is there a way to do this without compromising the drag on speed?