cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
khaycock
Creator
Creator

Combining Year/Month Fields

I have a date field that we want to use the month and year parts of to get a summary of data for those dates. This has what been put in the script...

Date([Doc. Date],'YYYY-MM') as DOCDATE,

The table is fine when a year is selected, but when the user selects a specific month, I would want the data to be summed into one column than split like this

As you can see, we have 2 different columns for 2017-05 and I would only expect to see 1.

Can we do this?

spend.PNG

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

Try this

Monthname(Monthstart([Doc.Date])) As DocDate

Regards

Mahesh.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
prieper
Master II
Master II

You have two different dates behind Doc.Date, the formatting shows them only as if it is the same.

Try to use

DATE(MONTHSTART([Doc.Date], 'YYYY-MM')          AS DOCDATE

Thus all dates will have the same value and will be displayed in the required format.

Peter

khaycock
Creator
Creator
Author

The table is now saying there is no data to display

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

Try this

Monthname(Monthstart([Doc.Date])) As DocDate

Regards

Mahesh.

prieper
Master II
Master II

yes, a ")" was missing

jonnaamb
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi Kathryn,

Why can't we model the data in such a way that you have Month and Year as two different dimensions (by using SubField function) along with existing Doc date in the same table so, during the selection you can simply use a List box for Month and another list box for Year and select based on which you can see the bar chart. I'm not sure if the simplification helps you meet the requirement.

Best regards,

Ambareesh J

khaycock
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Ambareesh,

We also had a master calendar connected to a different date within this data set, this one needed to be seperate

Kathryn