Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
devarasu07
Master II
Master II

Common apply button for multiple filter on a dashboard?

Hi All,

I have some 5-10 filters on my dashboard, and the user has request to find a way to have 1 common apply button after they are done selecting the required values in all the filter. Is there a way to achieve this in qlikview.?? kindly advise

This feature available in OBIEE, looking similar in qlikview.

I want something like below (user must need to selection will be highlighted in * and other default selection(return all column value)

Button.jpg

Thanks

Deva

8 Replies
girirajsinh
Creator III
Creator III

so what should happen once user selects in few filters and hit "common apply" button ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Devarasu,

I didn't get your question properly. can,u please elaborate it.

If Your query is that u need to have a common 'button' for all the filters in a sheet. U can try this -->

now.PNG

In the button properties specify an Action like--(Clear All,Select possible) which would be helpful.

Thank You !

khalander
Creator II
Creator II

Hi,

First select a selections what user wants and then create a bookmark and note the bookmark id.

Then create a text object-> go to properties-> Actions->Bookmark-> Apply Bookmark

then enter bookmark id there then clear all selection and try to apply through that text object

devarasu07
Master II
Master II
Author

Hi Giri,

Thanks, It should return respected output for selected filter and not selected filter is default value (if no selection then it should return all column value for the non selected filter). Tks Deva

devarasu07
Master II
Master II
Author

Hi,

I've tried that "Select Possible" option and it's not working. any other suggestion. thanks

satheshreddy
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Devarasu,

once the user Selected everything to create a Bookmark and save it.

Use that Bookmark to present the  Previous selected user common Report.

Regards

Sathish

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Deva,

I don't think it would be possible in qlikview tool , cuz as soon as you make a selection in one of the filters, output appears on the sheet  immediately without waiting for the user to click on your 'Apply Button'.

All the filter's & search we made uses Associative in memory engine.

• U can have a Reset option(button properties->Action->Selection->ClearAll) but i'm not sure  of 'Apply all'.

However, u can do this by declaring all your fields as variables and specify an Action to those variables.

vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

Two Options

Use variables for all your input fields / list boxes and add Action to select possible in respective actual fields

Use an alternate state for selection of filters and add Action to select possible values in your Active state of charts.

See below videos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXybIzLWtAQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FR0XZX4mVY

Vineeth Pujari
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.