Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
peterderrington
Creator II
Creator II

Compare count of this week vs last week

Hi There, 

I'm hoping this will be a fairly easy one for you guys.

I'm trying to create a simple straight table that shows the count of compliance against the count for 7 days ago (ultimately i then want to be able to show a little up green or red down arrow next to it)

I can see the current count with this expression:

Count([Name])-Count({<[Name]={"Unknown"}>}[Name])

But when i try this (which i thought it might be) it correctly shows the date as 7 days prior but the count is empty.

=count(>=$(=(Date(Today()-7)))
=Count([Name])-Count({<[Name]={"Unknown"}>}[Name])

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
peterderrington
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Its ok,

With the help of our supplier a solution has been created:

In the script we wrote this:

Let vLastWeekStart = Date(WeekStart(Today())-7,'DD/MM/YYYY');
Let vLastWeekEnd = Date(WeekStart(Today())-1,'DD/MM/YYYY');

Let vLastWeekStart2 = Date(WeekStart(Today())-14,'DD/MM/YYYY');
Let vLastWeekEnd2 = Date(WeekStart(Today())-8,'DD/MM/YYYY');

and then:

Date#(Date([Date/Time left ward],'DD/MM/YYYY'),'DD/MM/YYYY') as [Date/Time left ward],

If(Date#(Date([Date/Time left ward],'DD/MM/YYYY'),'DD/MM/YYYY') >= '$(vLastWeekStart)',
if(dATE#(Date([Date/Time left ward],'DD/MM/YYYY'),'DD/MM/YYYY') <= '$(vLastWeekEnd)', '1','0')) AS [Last Week Flag],

If(Date#(Date([Date/Time left ward],'DD/MM/YYYY'),'DD/MM/YYYY') >= '$(vLastWeekStart2)',
if(dATE#(Date([Date/Time left ward],'DD/MM/YYYY'),'DD/MM/YYYY') <= '$(vLastWeekEnd2)', '1','0')) AS [Previous Week Flag],

Which meant we just needed to add this expression into the table to show the total counted Last Week:

=Count({<[Questions Complete]={'Yes'}, [Last Week Flag]={'1'}>} [Questions Complete])

I can't say I fully understand all the syntax but it works (and I will keep working on it so that I can 'get' what's been done.

Thank you so much to everyone that's helped, you're all fab!

View solution in original post

12 Replies
tincholiver
Creator III
Creator III

did you try this?

count({<Date={'>=$(=(Date(Today()-7))<$(=(Date(Today())'}>}Name)

dplr-rn
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

You set analysis syntax is wrong
try something like below
Last 7 days count({YOURDATEFIELD={">=$(=Today()-7) "}>}}Name)
14-7 days count({YOURDATEFIELD={"<$(=Today()-7) >=$(=Today()-14)"}>}}Name)
peterderrington
Creator II
Creator II
Author

No, that hasn't worked. I get a red line after the first = count({[Date/Time left]={">=$(=Today()-7) "}>}}[Name])
dplr-rn
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

sorry think i made a typo added an extra } and missed <
try this
Last 7 days count({<YOURDATEFIELD={">=$(=Today()-7) "}>}Name)
14-7 days count({<YOURDATEFIELD={"<$(=Today()-7) >=$(=Today()-14)"}>}Name)
dplr-rn
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

hope it worked.
if not please share some sample data
if yes. please mark and answered and close the thread
tincholiver
Creator III
Creator III

If you need to compare weeks maybe it suits you to use
count ({<NumWeek = {'> = $ (= max (NumWeek) -1) <$ (= max (NumWeek))'}>} Name)

NumWeek is the week number that corresponds to a range of dates and you can get that value from the master calendar with the following line:

num (Week (yourdates), '00') AS NumWeek,
peterderrington
Creator II
Creator II
Author

So that hasn't worked unfortunately. I think the problem is possibly in that first date field. In my initial expression it returns the correct date in the label (which i've just left as ) so i know that that expression is looking at the right date but i get an 'Errors in expression' in the 'Edit Expression' Box (its highlighting the first open bracket in Red). I know the second element of my expression is also correct as this does count the number of times a Name appears in the list (and doesn't count the 'unknown' entries). So my presumption is that there's an error in linking the two expressions. (and also probably a formatting issue with the date field). Data looks similar to this PDate Name 22/03/2018 Fred 22/03/2018 Unknown 22/03/2018 Bill 22/03/2018 Bill 22/03/2018 Claire 22/03/2018 John
peterderrington
Creator II
Creator II
Author

ok...... i've never done anything with the master calendar. Where would i edit these elements?
tincholiver
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Peter,

The master calendar is a table that contains all the dates of the one year and all the following that you want. That way you link the field dates of your table with the table of the calendar and thus you will obtain all the months, years semes, trimenestres, cuatrimestres, etc. Copy and paste the next script in a new qlikview document, run the script and load in your app, make sure that the format date its the same that you have in your tables:

The scipt to generate this is the next:

FOR i = 2018 TO 2028 //Put here the initial year that you want to star the calendar to the last one

LET curYear = $(i);
LET StartDate = makedate(curYear); 
LET YearEnd = yearend(StartDate);
LET TotalDays = (YearEnd - StartDate) + 2; 

TempCalendar: 
LOAD
date('$(StartDate)' + recno() - 1) AS PeriodDate
AUTOGENERATE(TotalDays - 1);

Next

Calendario:
Load
PeriodDate                                                                               AS     %DATE,
Year(PeriodDate)                                                                   AS    YEAR,
num(month(PeriodDate))                                                 AS   MONTH,                     //Number format
DUAL(text(date(PeriodDate,'MMM')),num(month(PeriodDate))) AS MES, //Alfabeth format
DUAL(date(PeriodDate,'MMM') & ' ' & date(PeriodDate,'yyyy'),
Year(PeriodDate)*100+NUM(Month(PeriodDate))) AS MES_AÑO,                // Month and year
WeekDay(PeriodDate)                                                        AS WEEKDAY,
num(Week(PeriodDate),'00')                                          AS WEEK,                          //Number format
num(Day(PeriodDate),'00')                                              AS DAY,
CEIL(Num(Month(PeriodDate))/3)&'°T'                      AS TRIM,                           //Quarter
num(weekday(PeriodDate)) AS DIA_NRO,
if(num(weekday(PeriodDate)=6) OR num(weekday(PeriodDate)=0),0,1) AS WORKINGDAY
Resident TempCalendar;

STORE Calendario into C:\Nube\Wicham\Qapacitacion\Practicas\Calendario\CalendarioLargo.qvd(qvd);
DROP TABLE Calendario;
DROP TABLE TempCalendar;

Let me know if it helps you, another way share some data to solve your problem