Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Comparing 2 Values from 2 Tables??

Hi guys ive got these 2 tables:

Table1 Expression= Sum (If(Report='current',$(var_sales)))

Header 1Header 2Header 3Header 4Header 5

City

week1week2week3week4

Paris

London-4234423422342
New York34244234423442342
Lisbon423424234244322434

Table2 Expression = Logic (just a column name)

Header 1Header 2Header 3Header 4
Tier1week1week2week3

Paris

YESYESYES
LondonYESYESYES
New YorkYESYESYES
LisbonYESYESYES

Now im trying to insert a rule for the background colouring on the Expression for Table2, what this rule will do is simple but i cant get it to work.

The rull will do is, IF there is a "Yes" on Table2 table AND a NULL value on the Table1 it will color it Red, now i got everything working expect i cant get the verification on the Table1 , the expresssion on that table is "Sum (If(Report='current',$(var_sales)))", what i had was

if(Logic='YES' and isnull(?????), RGB(255,0,0),if (Logic='NO' and ?????<> Null,RGB(255,0,0),RGB(0,255,0)

What it does completely is, if its YES and theres a correspondent value on the other table, then it checks correct and highlights green, now if there is a NO and there is a null on the correspondent table it still checks correct, IT will only Highlight red when, theres is a Yes that corresponds to NUll, or a No that corresponds to a Value, the Formula is not hard, i just dont know what Function to use to tell it to check Table1.

Many Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
johnw
Champion III
Champion III

I'm not sure what you mean by "check table 1".  You can't actually refer to values in a different chart.  However, since it appears your dimensions are exactly the same, you can just recalculate them in table 2.  I also don't recommend using isnull() ever, because it doesn't work correctly in some versions of QlikView.  Use len() instead, which seems to work in all versions I've encountered.  So something like this, perhaps:

if(Logic='YES' and len(sum(if(Report='current',$(var_sales))))=0,rgb(255,0,0)
,if(Logic='NO' and len(sum(if(Report='current',$(var_sales))))>0,rgb(255,0,0)
                                                                ,rgb(0,255,0)

Or to avoid doing the sum() twice:

if(len(sum(if(Report='current',$(var_sales))))
  ,if(Logic='NO' ,rgb(255,0,0),rgb(0,255,0))
  ,if(Logic='YES',rgb(255,0,0),rgb(0,255,0))

View solution in original post

1 Reply
johnw
Champion III
Champion III

I'm not sure what you mean by "check table 1".  You can't actually refer to values in a different chart.  However, since it appears your dimensions are exactly the same, you can just recalculate them in table 2.  I also don't recommend using isnull() ever, because it doesn't work correctly in some versions of QlikView.  Use len() instead, which seems to work in all versions I've encountered.  So something like this, perhaps:

if(Logic='YES' and len(sum(if(Report='current',$(var_sales))))=0,rgb(255,0,0)
,if(Logic='NO' and len(sum(if(Report='current',$(var_sales))))>0,rgb(255,0,0)
                                                                ,rgb(0,255,0)

Or to avoid doing the sum() twice:

if(len(sum(if(Report='current',$(var_sales))))
  ,if(Logic='NO' ,rgb(255,0,0),rgb(0,255,0))
  ,if(Logic='YES',rgb(255,0,0),rgb(0,255,0))