Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Comparing 2 text fields in Concatenated table

Hello!

I'd  like  to create a new column that compares 2 text fields in a concatenated table that varies by week (Previous and Current week),  I need to determine if ShipStatus has changes or not from previous and current week. Is this going to be a calculated dimensional field?  I tried using the expression but it came out 2 columns for each week.

Pls. see example below :

Thank you in advance.

8 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

So, You want to compare only ShipStatus got changed into new one when week got changed? Does it?

Please add me Anil_Babu_Samineni to interact faster when reply back. Speak low think High.

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yes, Anil

Rgds

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Do you have 2 Dates only? Will you attach application to investigate

Please add me Anil_Babu_Samineni to interact faster when reply back. Speak low think High.

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)
avinashelite

Share the sample data ...that will help us to get you the solution

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Anil,

Every week, it will add new data.  However, I will only use the current week and the previous week  as comparison.    Thus, for this week, I would need the 12/18 and 12/11 records. Anyway, pls. see attached sample file.  Hope this helps.

Rgds

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi!  Avinash,

Pls. see attached.  Hope this helps.

Tks.

Anil_Babu_Samineni

I've attached for you for speed response. Can you tell me what you are going to achieve from here?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi  Anil,

I  need only the latest week and the previous week (12/11 and 12/18).  Thus, need to drop the week 12/04.  After this, need to add a new column  "Change Status"  for comparing  the shipstatus between the previous and current week.  If both weeks have the same Shipsatus, it will be flagged as "No change", Otherwise, "Change".

Btw I take out the Datekey field from the dimension in your attached so the ShipStatus will be aligned with the 2 weeks.

Tks,