Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Comparing two Datasources for differences

I have two data sources, one from Teradata and the other from Excel.   All column names are aligned across these two data sets.  I am loading both sources into my Dashboard and as expected QV is Joining them together.

If I was working in one database I could execute a Union All on these data sources and Group By every column with a Count to determine which records don't exist in both sources, i.e. count = 1, rather than 2.   Wondering if there is a simple solution to this use case utilizing Qlikview?

6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

you can use Qualify for the data loading.

And use Unqualify for the common dimension (attributes) to compare figures

maxgro
MVP
MVP

I think you can do the same thing (or get the same result) in Qlik,see attachment

1.png

mjayachandran
Creator II
Creator II

In ur load script for each table, have an extra column which can identify the table from which u r loading the data,

something like

TableA:

Load

'TableA' as Tablename,

A,

B,

C

From xyz

TableB:

Load

'TableB' as Tablename,

A,

B,

C

From xyz

Now in ur dashboard have all the columns in a pivot table with count of , you can easily identify in which table what data is missing

Not applicable
Author

Hi Massimo,  Thanks for the response; that looks like what I am trying to accomplish!.  Unfortunatly I'm using the free desktop client and can't open your .qvw.  We are still evaluting purchase of QV license.  Can you please supply a screen shot of your object expression.

Many Thanks,

Lew

maxgro
MVP
MVP

this is the script; I did all in the script, trying to replicate your sql in database

the object is a table box, just fields, no dims or expressions

teradata:

load * inline [

a,b,c

a,b,c

];

excel:

NoConcatenate load * inline [

a,b,c

x,y,z

a,b,d

];

t:

load *, 't' as type resident teradata;

Concatenate (t) load *, 'e' as type resident excel;

DROP table teradata, excel;

g:

load

a,b,c, count(type) as cnt, concat(type) as type

Resident t

group by a,b,c;

DROP Table t;

Not applicable
Author

Hi Mahesh, My load is just as you have described, just not sure what the expression would be that would group by all columns to get the count of duplicates.