Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Comparison with previous month data issue

Hi All,

I have an issue while comparing this month data with previous months data.

I have fields like product name ,Sale ID sold and Month. For each sale there is one SaleID associated.

i need to compare the products items sold for each product with last months products and need to display the products under Improvement and Deterioration sections.

If any product has got more no.of products sold when compared to previous month it should come under improvement else it should come under deterioration.

To achieve this i have taken List box and instead of field i took expression and in expression for improvement i have considered the below expression.

Improvement:

If(Aggr(Count({<Month={"$(=Month(Max(Date)))"},Year={"$(=Max(Year))"}SaleID),Products)<Aggr(Count({<Month={"$(=AddMonths(Month(Max(Date))),-1)"},Year={"$(=Max(Year))"}SaleID),Products),Products

but the issue is all products doesnt have sales in all months. while comparing the products comparison happening if that product have saleID's in both months other wise it is not comparing the products.

Please find the attached app and kindly help me in comparing the products even though the product doesnt have sales.

In the sample app for improvement section ideally i should get A,B,D products but the above expression returning only A.

Thanks,

Nani

8 Replies
prajuds99
Contributor II
Contributor II

hi,

I tried below expression and its giving the correct result

please try:

=aggr(If(Count({<Month={'Jan'}>}SaleID) >count({<Month={'Feb'}>}SaleID),Product),Product)

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Find the attachment.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Gysbert_Wassenaar

The example you posted does not contain a date field. The Month field has only text values which can't be used to calculate the previous month.  If you have a date field you can create a numeric month field that can be used.

LOAD

SalesDate,

Date(MonthStart(SalesDate),'YYYYMM') as Month

Year(SalesDate)*12+Month(SalesDate) as _MonthNum

Product,

SaleID

FROM

....etc;

Select the month in the Month field. Then you can use these expressions:

Sales of the selected month: count(distinct SaleID)

Sales of the month before the selected month: count({<Month=, _MonthNum={$(=max(_MonthNum)-1)}>}distinct SaleID)

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Hi Kaushik,

Thanks for the response.

My requirement is to display the product in listbox under improvement and detorioration sections.

Can you please help me with that expression.

Thanks,

Nani

Not applicable
Author

Hi Gysbert,

Thanks for the response. My actual requirement is to show the products under Improvement and deterioration sections

by comparing the data with previous months.

can you please help me with the expression to display Improvement and deterioration in separate list boxes.

Thanks,

Ravi

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Then I guess you should do that in script instead of front end.

Also if you do in script you may loose flexibility of getting results for different months.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Not applicable
Author

Can you please suggest me a work around for this.

Thanks,

Nani

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

I have made changes in chart and now it looks like listbox.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki