Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pujitha
Contributor II
Contributor II

Compound search-OR search in Qlikview

Hello

In my search object I added 3 columns say as column 1, column 2, column 3 so I want to search one word from column 1 and second word from remaining two columns. And I want to search two words from single column. Like I want to do search word1 or word2 in any single column or in any of the columns combinations. How can we achieve that. I had gone through some of the examples of OR search like

Word1|word2 in search object but it's not working in my search object. Is there any other way to do this. Please let me know. Thanks!

4 Replies
MarcoWedel

please post some sample data and your expected result
Pujitha
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I have a question - I have 2000 records and I need to paste some records in Search object by compound  OR search like example (*Value1*|*Value 2....) so on. If this is the case how many values I can copy in the SEARCH object I can able to paste only 35 values. What is the limit for this? Like how many values we can search ?? If I have millions or thousands of records for the particular column example as VALUES DATA can I do OR search for all the records there will be limit right like these many records or values only I can do OR search so what is the limit.?? Please let me know asap.Thanks!!
MarcoWedel

please post a sample application that shows this behaviour

thanks

regards

Marco

Pujitha
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hello

The input table file has columns as ID in which we have 2000 and more id's. So the requirement is the user has able to select 1000 or more than those cases at a time. like (OR Search) id1,id2,id3.....id1000 at a time  in search box but all the ids are not displaying in current selection box till id 45 or something after if you copy(search)id's at a time  the it is not showing up in current selection box and straight table is not reacting according to the ids what we are searched in the straight table. So, I tried by using the input box with some variable in that also I am unable to search (like copy id values from input excel  file at least 100 id's) ids I try to copy in the INPUT BOX (by using  some variable(Vsear) )but it is not accepting after 45 or some number at a time. Even, in current selection box it is showing only 45 or something and the straight table is not reacts.Please suggest me good solution for this as I am trying it from so long.Thanks!!