T1:

load A,B

resident T

concatenate (T1)

load distinct

A,B

Resident T1;

drop table T;

Say in T1 i have 10 rows when i use distinct will the rows the reduced...like 6..

If possible then when i do reload(in the reload box) will it show 10 records and when reload is done and if i take count will it show 6?

Will that be possible?

Please let me know.

Thanks,

Bharat

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
tresesco
MVP
MVP

You will get distinct values for all two tables here. That is, your concatenated table would have all distinct values, even if don't mention 'distinct' in the first load and it has non-distinct values - the first table would take the reference from the second table and load all distinct values. You may refer: http://www.qlikfix.com/2013/07/30/distinct-can-be-deceiving/ for better understanding.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

You will get distinct values for all two tables here. That is, your concatenated table would have all distinct values, even if don't mention 'distinct' in the first load and it has non-distinct values - the first table would take the reference from the second table and load all distinct values. You may refer: http://www.qlikfix.com/2013/07/30/distinct-can-be-deceiving/ for better understanding.

bharatkishore
Creator III
Creator III
Author

So will there be a possibility of reducing number of rows, because i can see in script execution box the rows are 10 and when i take in chart the rows are reduced to 6.

Will date be reduced?

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Yes, very much possible, especially since you are using distinct load with concatenate.

bharatkishore
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thank you... The reason why i asked because I need to add some dummy data like below .. Is this is the correct approach or any other method we have..

load A,B

resident T

concatenate (T1)

load distinct

'0' As A,

'0' As B

Resident T1;

drop table T;

tresesco
MVP
MVP

If you need to keep the first table data intact, this is not the right approach. You should rather load the second table in memory using distinct load before concatenating and then concatenate from resident load.

bharatkishore
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Sorry to ask you.. Can you please give me an example of the code on how it should be written. Please consider my earlier one.. Sorry to take your time.