Qlik Community

New to QlikView

Discussion board where members can get started with QlikView.

Announcements
Modernize Your QlikView Deployment webinar, Nov. 3rd. REGISTER
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Creator II
Creator II

Concatenate with Qualify

I am trying to append datasets into one table using Concatenate (they two queries in an MS Access database). I have pasted a jpg of the code and the resulting table. All of the fields are preceded with "temp_Complaints-1". I only want "Complaints".

What am I doint wrong in the code?

Thanks.

Jeff

Concatenate Code.jpg

7 Replies
Highlighted
Creator
Creator

Hi Jeff,

Name the table in your final load. The values will then be qualified as Complaints.Category, Complaints.CloseDate etc

Complaints:

LOAD *

resident temp_Complaints;

Highlighted
MVP & Luminary
MVP & Luminary

Hi,

Give the table name for the Load statement

Complaints:

LOAD *

resident temp_Complaints;

Regards,

Jagan.

Highlighted
Not applicable

Try like below:

temp_Complaints:

LOAD * ;

SQL SELECT * FROM 'qryComplaints_up';

Concatenate (temp_Complaints)

LOAD * ;

SQL SELECT * FROM 'qryComplaints_PCR' ;

QUALIFY * ;

Complaints:

Noconcatenate

LOAD * Resident temp_Complaints ;

UNQUALIFY * ;

Highlighted
Creator III
Creator III

Dear Jeffrey,

There Must be a Table Name in Line no. 26 (Table:). It will definately solve your problem.

Regards

Kiran Rode

+91 897 69 77 897

Highlighted
Not applicable

Hi,

since you have loaded temp_Complaints table and agina trying to load from same table you are getting temp_Complaints-1 as name . As kiran suggested place a table name before load statement it may solve your problem or

Instead of loading from resident table for this purpose is good so place a table name and qualify *  at line number 1 and use a join to join these two table if necessary.

Regards,

Abhishek

Highlighted
Creator II
Creator II

Steve:

That did it. Thanks a lot.

Jeff

Highlighted
Contributor III
Contributor III

Just a +1 to using CONCATENATE and QUALIFY. And a warning to all QV newbies who do not yet understand that QV is a completely different animal. This may help you avoid the pain of 'what-am-I-doing-wrong' situations.

I had two tables in different SQL servers. Both were named were named Invoices and had the same column structure. I needed to load the data from these two tables into one table (like in SQL UNION ALL).

The problem was that I had QUALIFY *; in the script, and I did not pay much attention to it.

So when I was trying to concatenate the two tables, the fields of the first table had the prefix Invoices, while the fields from the second table showed up with prefix Invoices-1.

When I removed the QUALIFY *; concatenation worked like a charm.

Bottom line: watch out for QUALIFY *;  when you do CONCATENATE.