cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jmonroe918
Creator II
Creator II

Concatenate with Qualify

I am trying to append datasets into one table using Concatenate (they two queries in an MS Access database). I have pasted a jpg of the code and the resulting table. All of the fields are preceded with "temp_Complaints-1". I only want "Complaints".

What am I doint wrong in the code?

Thanks.

Jeff

Concatenate Code.jpg

7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Jeff,

Name the table in your final load. The values will then be qualified as Complaints.Category, Complaints.CloseDate etc

Complaints:

LOAD *

resident temp_Complaints;

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Give the table name for the Load statement

Complaints:

LOAD *

resident temp_Complaints;

Regards,

Jagan.

Not applicable

Try like below:

temp_Complaints:

LOAD * ;

SQL SELECT * FROM 'qryComplaints_up';

Concatenate (temp_Complaints)

LOAD * ;

SQL SELECT * FROM 'qryComplaints_PCR' ;

QUALIFY * ;

Complaints:

Noconcatenate

LOAD * Resident temp_Complaints ;

UNQUALIFY * ;

kiranmanoharrode
Creator III
Creator III

Dear Jeffrey,

There Must be a Table Name in Line no. 26 (Table:). It will definately solve your problem.

Regards

Kiran Rode

+91 897 69 77 897

Not applicable

Hi,

since you have loaded temp_Complaints table and agina trying to load from same table you are getting temp_Complaints-1 as name . As kiran suggested place a table name before load statement it may solve your problem or

Instead of loading from resident table for this purpose is good so place a table name and qualify *  at line number 1 and use a join to join these two table if necessary.

Regards,

Abhishek

jmonroe918
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Steve:

That did it. Thanks a lot.

Jeff

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just a +1 to using CONCATENATE and QUALIFY. And a warning to all QV newbies who do not yet understand that QV is a completely different animal. This may help you avoid the pain of 'what-am-I-doing-wrong' situations.

I had two tables in different SQL servers. Both were named were named Invoices and had the same column structure. I needed to load the data from these two tables into one table (like in SQL UNION ALL).

The problem was that I had QUALIFY *; in the script, and I did not pay much attention to it.

So when I was trying to concatenate the two tables, the fields of the first table had the prefix Invoices, while the fields from the second table showed up with prefix Invoices-1.

When I removed the QUALIFY *; concatenation worked like a charm.

Bottom line: watch out for QUALIFY *;  when you do CONCATENATE.