cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
robmarr789
Contributor
Contributor

Conditional Dimension based on list box selections

I'm trying to create a chart than will add and remove individual dimensions(columns) when they are selected or un-selected  in a list box.

I've found a solution that works but only for the first 6 dimensions. When a 7th is selected from the list box all of the dimensions are removed.

Could anyone take a look at the attached and advise of an expression that will allow an infinite about of dimensions to be added if required?

Note: all dimensions should not appear until they are selected. Each should be controlled independently so that they can be added or removed individually based on the selection.

Thanks 

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
lironbaram
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

hi 

all you need to do is change this part of your show hide expression

GetFieldSelections(FieldSelectionChild,'@',50)

you need to add a number selected items that will be display in detailed 50 in the example 

other what happen when you select the 7th value 

the getfieldselections function returns something like 7 out of 24 and not the details of the selected values 

View solution in original post

4 Replies
lironbaram
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

hi 

all you need to do is change this part of your show hide expression

GetFieldSelections(FieldSelectionChild,'@',50)

you need to add a number selected items that will be display in detailed 50 in the example 

other what happen when you select the 7th value 

the getfieldselections function returns something like 7 out of 24 and not the details of the selected values 

robmarr789
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Excellent, that worked.

You're a great man

lironbaram
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

always happy to help

MEJ
Contributor III
Contributor III

I see that you have used the "@" sign in the conditional dimensions. What does that do?