cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SGibbs
Contributor
Contributor

Conditional Show Chart in Container

I can do the Ctrl Shift S and it goes away and it works in the Qlikview 12 environment but as soon as I put the sheet into the AccessPoint for others to use it just sits and spins. The only way it will stop spinning is if I show all.

I have read almost every post in the community, watched countless you tube videos and I can't seem to get a conditional show of a chart in a container to work. I have set a variable called vHide = 0. I have set the condition to many options such as VHide = 0 or 0 or if(VHide = 0, 0, 1) and nothing will make the chart go away. 

While I'm developing new items, I don't want them to show or there are some canned charts I don't want to get rid of but right now I don't want them to show until I can review them. 

What am I doing wrong? I'm starting to go crazy. I don't want to use a button because I don't want anyone getting them them. Am I wanting to do the impossible? 

Labels (2)
3 Replies
lockematthewp
Creator II
Creator II

I made a chart in a container conditional depending on a variable. A sample is attached.

SGibbs
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Yep, that is what I have. vHide = 0, then on my chart in my container I have vHide = 2. It disappears. I uncheck the Show All Sheets and Objects. It works fine.  I then load it into the AccessPoint and it spins and spins and spins. Nothing comes back. I don't get it. If I go back in and check the Show Al Sheets and Objects they all appear and the AccessPoint loads. I have to be missing something. 

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Sheila, in this case, it is going to be most helpful if you can attach a sample app with the issue, so folks can look into the details of things...

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.