Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Conditional Show based on Selection

Hey Everyone-

I know this is super simple, but for some reason I cannot figure this out.  Currently have a straight table:

ClientMetricOutput
JoeRunningHe's super fast
MikeRunningHe's super slow, around 10% Slower
MichelleSwimmingAverage swimmer
JoanBikingAverage at 10%
JohnRunningAverage at best

I have a separate list box called "Client" so they can filter this straight table to the selection.  What, I'd like to do is the following:

If the user clears all and does not select any client, then just show "Mike" (and it's results)

If not, then go by the listbox selection(s)

In my straight table, for "Client" I have changed to the dimension to a calculated dimension, that looks like this:

=if(GetSelectedCount(Client)>=1,Client,Client='Mike')

For the field "Output," since it's straight table (and not a table box), I made that field as an expression using the following:

=Only(Output)

However, if I "Clear All" under "Client" in the straight table, I get -1 instead of it saying "Mike."  The other two fields (Metric and Output) come out correct.

I've literally been racking my brain on this, but for some reason I can't get anything but either -1 or a NULL value instead of just "Mike."

Now, if I do select a specific "Client" under the listbox, everything comes out correct (in other words, it shows the Client's name).  What am I missing?

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Got it.  INstead of a calculated dimension, just have Client and Metric as normal dimensions, then as your expression:

=IF(GetSelectedCount(Client)=0,Only({<Client={Mike}>} Output),Only(Output))

Hope this helps,

Jason

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Can you post your sample app?

Not applicable
Author

Hey Jason-

Here you go:

Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Got it.  INstead of a calculated dimension, just have Client and Metric as normal dimensions, then as your expression:

=IF(GetSelectedCount(Client)=0,Only({<Client={Mike}>} Output),Only(Output))

Hope this helps,

Jason

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

hey u can simply use d following expression

=if(GetSelectedCount(Client)=0,'Mike',Client)

Not applicable
Author

Thanks so much Jason.  I knew it was something simple.  This works perfectly!