Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
michaelneck
Contributor III
Contributor III

Conditional Show on a Count of People

Hi All,

I'm looking for a way to limit down my application so that if the selected drilldown filter results in less than 5 people being selected the the object will go blank, I have tried creating a variable to only get where there is more than 5 people and using it with conditional show withing the object but does not seem to be functioning correctly:

=GetPossibleCount(PERSONNEL_NUMBER)>5

=GetSelectedCount(PERSONNEL_NUMBER)>5

Does anyone know of a way to do this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Michael

4 Replies
shiveshsingh
Master
Master

Can you share the app? and highlight the requirement

michaelneck
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Sorry, I cannot share the app due to the sensitivity of the information, its essentiallyy a count of staff members only I would like when lets say someone filters down by area and that results in the count of staff members being less than 5 I would like the object to be hidden. The issue is that the

=GetPossibleCount(PERSONNEL_NUMBER)>5

seems to always show that data no matter what the number filters down to and the

=GetSelectedCount(PERSONNEL_NUMBER)>5

seems to always hide the information no matter what number it filters down to..

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Your get selected count should work. Can you tell us what is the object you are using like Straight table or Pivot table or a chart? Usually for a Straight table I would do below

you can give the below expr and when Personnel_Number is > 5 then it will show the data else no data will be displayed.

If you want to show hide then use in layout tab - conditional check

MarcoWedel

maybe something like

=Count(Distinct PERSONNEL_NUMBER)>5

regards

Marco