Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tomgrouwe
Contributor III
Contributor III

Conditional Text box

Dear experts,

Please help me out.

I want to add a text box in my dashboard. The textbox only needs to pop up when a certain demension is not selected.

In this case the tab contains detailed information about orders and I want the Text box to say "Please select ordernumber".

Otherwise the data will not be relevant.

How to do this?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

Try this on the conditional display option:

GetSelectedCount(orderNumber)=0

View solution in original post

5 Replies
vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Use like in your textbox layout tab conditional option

= IF(GetSelectedCount(orderNumber) = 0, 1, 0)

YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

Try this on the conditional display option:

GetSelectedCount(orderNumber)=0

its_anandrjs

In the layout properties of the text object write

=GetSelectedCount(OrderNo _Field)=0

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Or else, you could use a Calculation condition in your chart objects or table boxes, with almost the same expression as suggested before (but inverted). The advantage is that a calculation condition will block chart objects from doing time-and-energy consuming work as long as no OrderNumber is selected.

For example, open Properties->General and add the following expression in the "Calculation Condition" field:

GetSelectedCount(OrderNumber) = 1

Then click the Error Messages... button at the bottom, navigate down in the list and select the entry called "Calculation condition unfulfilled". Enter a descriptive text in the Custom Message field that explains why you're not showing any data yet. This message will be displayed on the empty background of your Straight table.

Note that simpler objects have no such feature.

tomgrouwe
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank you all. Solved the problem