Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Conditional formatting

Hi, is it possible to have multiple charts on a tab and have the max quarter (most recent quarter) show up in a different color

For example: 2010 Q1  -2011 Q4 (all bar charts would show up in blue) and then 2012 Q1 would be in green? 

Thank you

17 Replies
siz_mahleka
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Hi garriguh,

Yes this is possible. Check out this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jCZPzh2ZAo

It should answer your question.

Regards,

Siz.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi G.

What you can use is:

if(Quarter =Max(Total Quarter), blue())

Use this as the background colour of your expression.

Not applicable
Author

Hi< thank you for your help - but I'm think doing something wrong?  Here's what my expression looks like:

=IF($(Time_Frame)=Max(=$(Time_Frame),blue(SUM([TOTAL REVENUE ($)]))/1000000

Not applicable
Author

Hello garriguh,

I think there are two things to mention:

- the color of bars within a barchart can be changed using chart props --> expression tab --> expand the "+" of the corresponding expression --> use background color definition similar to:

if(Quarter= Max(TOTAL Quarter), Color(2)) 
or

if(Quarter= MaxString(TOTAL Quarter), Color(2)) 

Which expr. will work in your case depends on the type of your period, being text or number

- in the expression definition itself use the sum() without any color, perhaps only a single sum(MyVal)/100000 or so.

Regards, Roland

Not applicable
Author

snapshot.PNG

Hi Roland - thank you - I'm still unable to get this to work for me :< I'm wondering if it's because I have Time_Frame set up as a variable so that when someone chooses Quarterly they get the quarterly view vs the annual? 

Not applicable
Author

OK,

first take a look at the sytnax error --> you are closing the if() too early with your first ")"

If Time_Frame is a name of a variable and of a field you have to use in case of the variable the corresponding syntax like:

if( $(Time_Frame) = Max(Time_Frame), color(2))

BTW: it is a good habit to let variablenames start with a "v" to see it is a variable and not a field. Play around if you need the TOTAL or not.

HtH

Roland

Not applicable
Author

Hi Roland,  Thank you for your help, but I still seem to be missing something. No matter what I try and if I had total it still doesn't display my chart with a different color for max date?

snapshot.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Are your sales in the charts shown per Year or per Quarter?

Not applicable
Author

they are shown both ways depending on which button they choose (Annual) or (Quarterly) which is driven by the variable (Time_Frame)