Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Conditionnal Master Items

Hi,

In the application that I'm developing, I have two scripts in order to back up information in two different labels.  

In the first script"[Book]", there are: "customer_name" as "Book cust name","Book_name"and" Book_prices ".

In the 2nd script "[Product]", there are: "customer_name" as  "Prod cust name", "Product", "Prices".

In each of the two scripts, I created a user name "Domaine_id" where I attribute the value 1 in my first script and the value 2 in the 2nd script.  In my application, in order to limit the creation of the master Items, I'd like to create a master Item "Customer" that would take the value from [Book] if the domain chosen is 1 is the value of [Product] if the selected field is 2. For this I have a formula as follows: if (GetFieldSelections (DOMAINE_ID) = 1, [Book cust name], [Prod cust name]). 

This does not work, I have the value from [Book cust name] which is displayed when 1 it's selected in the Domaine  but nothing is displayed when 2 it's selected .

To be comprehensive in my test, I tested the same condition, but instead of taking [Prod cust name] when 2 is selected in the field, I took [Book name]. by doing this test I wanted to make sure that my condition works and there everything works correctly, the list changes in my table according to the field chooses. 

So my question is: why when I do a conditional display by taking information from the same script it works and that taking information from two separate scripts, only the information script 1 is displayed, when 1 is selected in field and nothing appears when 2 is selected?

Thanks in advance for your help.

1 Reply
girirajsinh
Creator III
Creator III

HI

It would be easier to understand your case and then help you, if you can share sample .qvw