Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Confirmed Dimension!

Hi

What is the confirmed dimension in qlikview? What is the use of it?

Can some please share their knowledge on this!

Thanks

Attitude

3 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

Can you please elaborate on your actual requirement? Maybe it's because I'm not a native English speaker, but never heard of such a thing as a "confirmed dimension" (al least for versions until 10). Did you mean "conformed dimension" instead?

Regards.

Miguel Angel Baeyens

BI Consultant

Comex Grupo Ibérica

Not applicable
Author

Hi Miguel

May be you are correct. It may be "Conformed Dimension". It was asked by my co-worker and was really felt bad for not answering it as I never heard about it.

Could you please share your knowledge on this.

Thanks

Attitude

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

Check this document on data modelling regarding QlikView by QlikTech's Dan English. In short and not very technically indeed, a conformed dimension is a term used in the data warehouse design to refer a subset of data where all the elements have the same structure, although they can come from different tables in the data source, usually denormalized. For example, "Customer" would be a conformed dimension when you can query the Customer table and get all the information you need (date, group, name, family...) In the data source, however, the "Customer" group of attributes and values will be made up of several different tables (Customer "Basics", Customer "Regions", Customer "Groups", Customer "Methods of payment", Customer "Categories", Customer "Bank Account Information" and so on). This other tables are usually highly normalized.

Hope that gives you an idea.

Miguel Angel Baeyens

BI Consultant

Comex Grupo Ibérica