Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sean_BI
Creator
Creator

Considerations of SAN for qlikview cluster install

Dear Experts -

I've read several community posts, but have not found what i need.

I have two node cluster for DC (two nodes) and DR (two nodes) where in qlikview needs to access files from a shared location. This shared location is SAN. what i need to know is the qv files  that are required to be available in SAN so that during DC/DR failover, there should be no issue in accessing qvw and qvd's. 

Also, i hope qv do support SAN and have no latency in accessing or reloading qv files.

Thank you!

SEAN.

Labels (1)
3 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Josh_Berg_Support

Sean,

Qlikview does support SAN fileshares so you're good there, just make sure your disk response time is less than 200ms, that's the point at which Qlikview will start having issues. 

In terms of your DR setup, you'll want to make copies of the QVPR, QVW/QVD's and config files and have them copied to the DR environment in case of a failure, however, please keep in mind that the failover will be a manual process, there's no automatic failover scenario built into the product.   You'll need to change any references to the primary server and have them point to the DR server.   

We do have an article that should at least get you started on setting up a Qlikview DR environment, however, I would recommend you talk with your Account Manager as he/she may have some resources to provide that will further assist you with your questions.

Thanks,
Josh
Qlik Support

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.

View solution in original post

Josh_Berg_Support

EDX shouldn't be affected by SAN storage, remember, it's just a trigger sent to QMS to start a reload/task.  

Take a look at the Help page regarding EDX, that might help clear things up!

Thanks,
Josh

Qlik Support

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Srinivas, this is really something our Services organization would assist with at this point, as they can look at your use case and applications etc. and determine whether you have the correct architecture etc. for the use case and future growth.  You could also use one of our partners as well to assist with this, but that would be the best avenue at this point.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.

5 Replies
Josh_Berg_Support

Sean,

Qlikview does support SAN fileshares so you're good there, just make sure your disk response time is less than 200ms, that's the point at which Qlikview will start having issues. 

In terms of your DR setup, you'll want to make copies of the QVPR, QVW/QVD's and config files and have them copied to the DR environment in case of a failure, however, please keep in mind that the failover will be a manual process, there's no automatic failover scenario built into the product.   You'll need to change any references to the primary server and have them point to the DR server.   

We do have an article that should at least get you started on setting up a Qlikview DR environment, however, I would recommend you talk with your Account Manager as he/she may have some resources to provide that will further assist you with your questions.

Thanks,
Josh
Qlik Support

Sean_BI
Creator
Creator
Author

Thank you josh - 

Quick question. I use EDX for scheduling and will it cause any known issues when qvw are located in SAN.

Example. xyz.qvw is located in D:\ and edx is triggered from D:\. When i use SAN for storage, do i need any different treatment for edx.

Rgds,

Sean.

Josh_Berg_Support

EDX shouldn't be affected by SAN storage, remember, it's just a trigger sent to QMS to start a reload/task.  

Take a look at the Help page regarding EDX, that might help clear things up!

Thanks,
Josh

Qlik Support

Sean_BI
Creator
Creator
Author

Dear Josh -

Request you to provide some thought's and approaches on how QV clustering works with two qv server nodes in SAN.

How does replication work for SAN in a Prod and DR qlikview environment.

Appreciate if you have any documents that i can refer.

Thank you!

Sean.

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Srinivas, this is really something our Services organization would assist with at this point, as they can look at your use case and applications etc. and determine whether you have the correct architecture etc. for the use case and future growth.  You could also use one of our partners as well to assist with this, but that would be the best avenue at this point.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.