cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Container and text objects inside it

Hi,

If I have a container (3 x 2) with six text objects inside it, do I have the ability to size the column width individually?

For example, I have 2 rows with 3 columns.  Say column 1 and 2 are 20 pixels in width each.  I’m not even sure how wide (or small)

is 20 pixels.  I’m just throwing a number here.  The question is: can I have column 3 to be 50 pixels in width?  As I’m playing around with

the container, it appears to me the “cell” that has the largest length is the length QV will set the width for the columns.  Is this correct?

Thanks!!

5 Replies
Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Sydney,

As far as I know, the sizing of the objects in a container is automated - that's the main purpose of the container, to minimize tinkering with the object sizes.

If you need your text objects to be sized individually - why use the container at all? Simply place your 6 text objects and size them in any desired way.

cheers,

Oleg Troyansky

Upgrade your Qlik skills at the Masters Summit for Qlik - coming soon to Austin, TX!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

you can size each column and each row individual. but the largest column or row will be relevant for the rest

I use sometimes to place several objects in a Container and give them an individual Image

does this answer your question?

example with 6 textobjects (3*2)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Oleg,

I want to be able to move all the text objects at once.  I posted the question Group multiple objects on sheet

and someone suggested to use a container.  I have the text objects setup nicely now using the container but I want

to resize the width if the text is small and don't want to waste screen space.  This is why I was asking.

Thanks for confirming/

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Rudolf, thanks for the idea.  Let me play around the container a bit more so I can get the desired effect.

Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I see... Personally, I wouldn't add the overhead and the potential challenges associated with the container, just for the convenience of moving the objects together. The alternative is to lasso the objects to select them together or to use Shift-Click to add them to your selected objects one by one.

I  assume you don't need to move the objects in the run-time, only in the development phase?