Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
moheshpadaruth
Contributor II
Contributor II

Controlling the width of bars in bar chart

Hi all,

I am facing an issue with bar charts in my Qlikview project. The bar chart can display a total of 6 months data in my application. The issue is that when the chart displays 6 months, the size of the bars get smaller. I need the size of the bars to always be the same (whether two months are selected or 4 or 6).

For example, below you'll find the bar chart whereby 3 months are being displayed. They are all uniform in size.

However when 6 months are displayed, they get smaller.

By the way I have tried increasing the size of the bar chart for all bars to be uniform. However when less months are selected, the graph gets distorted.

Kindly help,

Mohesh

4 Replies
marcus_sommer

This isn't directly possible - the chart will always resize to the content. This meant you need a workaround which always showed the max. number of bars.

One workaround will be to use a second expressions like this:

= sum({1 < Month = {'*'}>} 1)

which will be hidden (per option not per expression-condition) and to hide the not possible month from the axis a calculated dimension with dual like:

=dual(if(aggr(count(distinct Month), Month) > 0, Month, ''), Month)

- Marcus

pgrs4219
Contributor III
Contributor III

Thank you Marcus and sunny.that will  help me.

pgrs4219
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi Marcus,

The Expression = sum({1 < Month = {'*'}>} 1)   was worked for me.But Again i have a requirement like Though we have a year data currently  using  6 months data  in chart,if i use  above Expression chart displaying the rest of the 6 months data  too which is actually not. Can you help out with is this.

marcus_sommer

I think the conditions within the expression and dimension could be adjusted to match different requirements. But it could be easier to avoid this and using "normal" expression and dimension and adjust the number of bars with the options in tab presentation (top right).

- Marcus