Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Controlling two fields in different tables with one parameter.

Dear fellow users,

I'm quite new with Qlikview and slowly teaching myself how to work it. I've created a project from mostly our SQL db but I've run into some difficulties. Attached is a picture showing the setup. What I want to do is have a field that controls the two fields "InvoiceYearMonth" and "LossYearMonth" forcing them both to assume the value of this new field, lets call it "InvoiceLossTime". However I also want the two original fields to operate independently when this Invoice/Loss-field is inactive. I tried creating a new table with InvoiceYearMonth, LossYearMonth and this third field InvoiceLossTime which of course created a loop and a crash. I've searched numerous other discussions but I can't seem to figure this one out. I was hoping that it could be solved with a dummyvariable, something like IF(VariableX=1, InvoiceYearMonth=LossYearMonth) but I don't really know where to begin with that concept.

I appreaciate whatever help I can get and sorry if this is the 5000th repost of the same issue.

Regards,

J

1 Reply
Josh_Good
Employee
Employee

Hi,

The way I would do this is to use a data island and triggers.

1. Create a new table "InvoiceLossTime" that is not connected to the rest of the data model

2. Go to Settings -> Document Properties.  Select the "Triggers" Tab

3. Select the appropriate field in the InvoiceLossTime table (in this example I will assume you picked InvoiceLossYear)

4. Click the "Add Action(s)..." button below "OnSelect

5. Add two actions.  Once that set the InvoiceYear = InvoiceLostYear and another action that set the LossYear = InvoiceLostYear.

6. Repeat as needed for other fields (YearMonth, Month, etc.)