Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Converting scientific notation to numbers only [store]

Dear users,

I want to store a via join created qlikview table into a text document. Unfortunately, it stores the numbers (which are sometimes really "small") in scientific notation. For statistical purposes I need those in normal notation, but could not figure out how to until now. Any ideas?

Best regards

Stefan

8 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Dear Stefan,

Please check my attachment ,can you conform you the that is your requirement.

SHAIK

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Dear Shaik,

I'm not sure if I understand you correctly but these are "exactly" the figures I do not want to have. In your example scientific notation indicates high levels, my case is the opposite.   

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Stefan,

what is the value range of your numbers? And how would you like it to be displayed? Would fixed number of decimal places would be ok, like

num(VALUE,'#,#####',',','.') as VALUE

Regards,

Stefan

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Dear Stefan,

lowest value is:

7,50639131350218E-18

it should be presented this way:

using the formatting argument in the num command produces an error. qlikview then does not export any value for the figures in scientific notation.

Best regards

Stefan

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Dear Stefan,

Can you please provide your test data.

SHAIK

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

attached

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

ok, I solved that temporarily exporting the data from a table box into excel. It would nevertheless be interesing how to solve this problem in the script for larger data!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi guys, this solved my problem.

https://gist.github.com/ralfbecher/6550467