Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Peony
Creator III
Creator III

Coparing values from two tables

Hi All

I have two table with a single field in each one. I need to compare values in Table 2 with values in Table 1. And if values from table 2 starting with the same characters as in the Table 1, then mark row with this value as 1. What is the better way to do it?

from the example, the Table 2 rows that contain "errr" and "weabcuy" will be without flag

Table 1Table 2
abcabc
serabc.
derabc-3
rederrr
rewderder
ewrrew-1
qwerew-2
 weabcuy
 rew-4
 qwe4
Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jaibau1993
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi!

Please, see the attached file. The key is to use the outer join so you can compare any value of the first table with any value from the second one. Let me know your doubts!

Regards,

Jaime.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
jaibau1993
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi!

Please, see the attached file. The key is to use the outer join so you can compare any value of the first table with any value from the second one. Let me know your doubts!

Regards,

Jaime.

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Natalia, did Jaime's post and example app get you what you needed?  If so, do not forget to use the Accept as Solution button on his post to mark it as correct and give him credit for the help.  If you are still working on things and have further questions, leave a new update on the thread for us.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
Peony
Creator III
Creator III
Author

It works! Thank you!

Peony
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Done 🙂