Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ashishpalkar
Creator III
Creator III

Copy web object to personal edition

Hi There

How to copy QlikView object from web version to QlikView Desktop (QVW)

thanks in advance,

9 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't think you can.

Not sure I would like people lifting my object source off their web browser.

avinashelite

As per my knowledge its  not possible

Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

there is No such option.

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Try like this

Accesspoint -> Open the Dashboard in IE Plugin Mode -> Right mouse click on the object and Copy to Clipboard -> Object -> Paste in your qlikview file.

You can also paste the same in Microsoft word, Excel or Powerpoint files.

Regards,

Jagan.

ramasaisaksoft

Hi Ashish,

I think it is not possible.

you can copy and paste the chart as a image format only .like PNG ,jpeg..

But why u r asking this ,even though u copy and paste the chart you can't change the values  in Qlikview  as per filters.

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

We can copy a chart object in IE Plugin mode to a Qlikview file, but if the same dimensions and measures are there in the Dashboard then you will get values otherwise empty.

Regards,

Jagan.

tresesco
MVP
MVP

You can copy the object to a qv desktop, provided your desktop qv application has similar data model at the backend.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

There is an even easier method, I think, that can be executed entirely in QV Desktop.

If you can open a document in the AccessPoint, you miust have at least a Document CAL on this document. You don't seem to have a Named CAL as you are running a PE version of QV Desktop. Doesn't matter.

Try this:

1. Start QV Desktop (PE)
  2. Select File->Open in server...
  3. Navigate to the QlikView Server, list the available documents and select the one from which you want to copy one or more objects.
  4. Open this document. Your QV Desktop is now running as an ordinary AccessPoint client, just like you would open the document in IE Plugin in Internet Explorer. This also means that AP permissions that weren't granted to you in the first place (no CAL on this document, or no permission to copy objects etc.) will not suddenly become available because you are running QV Desktop now. All client restrictions still apply.
  5. In QV Desktop, use File->Open to load your local document (into which you want to copy your object(s)).
  6. In the first window, select the object and press Ctrl-C.
  7. In the second window, press Ctrl-V.

Things that might go wrong:

• No permission to copy objects. A developer can disable the object copy feature per object, per sheet or for the entire document. YMMV.
  • No permission to open the document. You need at least a Document CAL on this particular document and assigned to your Windows Account.
  • No permission to open the document. Section Access may block your access to the document. QV Desktop will not circumvent any security measures imposed on this document by the developer.

Best,

Peter

psk_270185
Contributor
Contributor

Great this helps!