Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
schumi1980
Contributor III
Contributor III

CopyTableToClipboard versus SendToExcel in Macro

Dear All

I am struggling with the following problem:

I use this peace of code to get a table from Qlikview into excel in a macro:

Set obj3 = ActiveDocument.GetSheetObject(aSheetObj3(i))

obj3.CopyTableToClipboard True

oSH3.Paste

which results in a table:

PictureBB.jpg

I extract several tables into one sheet.

However, I would like to have the tables in their original format (qlikview, classic style), especially the table borders should be black instead of a mere grey.

If I used

obj3.SendToExcel

I could achieve that but would no longer be able to extract the tables in their original format, like this:

Picturebbb.jpg

Is there a command that specifies that the original format is maintained?

Many thanks for your help.

Jan

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

In regard to several questions of you all regarding Excel exporting/formatting issues - I'm not sure that it's sensible to go this way. Of course with enough efforts it's possible to format everything (if I remember correctly you mentioned a lot of files, sheets and objects) with QlikView and/or Excel macros. I have done a lot stuff like this and know that this could be very expensive especially if there isn't already a quite wide experience of VBA/VBS.

Easier than this is to use appropriate prepared Excel files in which all formattings are already done and just to update/change the data. I mean to fill/update one or several (usually hidden) data- and pivot-sheets and all the visible user-content grabbed the data from there.

Further I suggest to consider the use of NPrinting or similar tools. Of course it adds some extra costs but by larger requirements to export/print/mail data it might be a lot cheaper than developing everything yourself.

- Marcus

View solution in original post

1 Reply
marcus_sommer

In regard to several questions of you all regarding Excel exporting/formatting issues - I'm not sure that it's sensible to go this way. Of course with enough efforts it's possible to format everything (if I remember correctly you mentioned a lot of files, sheets and objects) with QlikView and/or Excel macros. I have done a lot stuff like this and know that this could be very expensive especially if there isn't already a quite wide experience of VBA/VBS.

Easier than this is to use appropriate prepared Excel files in which all formattings are already done and just to update/change the data. I mean to fill/update one or several (usually hidden) data- and pivot-sheets and all the visible user-content grabbed the data from there.

Further I suggest to consider the use of NPrinting or similar tools. Of course it adds some extra costs but by larger requirements to export/print/mail data it might be a lot cheaper than developing everything yourself.

- Marcus