Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Copying Chart images in Web Client

Hi,

I am trying to copy a chart as an image in Ajax client. However, that is not happening.

According to the Web Help, this is possible as below:

Copying Chart Images to Clipboard

It is possible to copy images of chart objects to clipboard by holding down Ctrl+Shift and right clicking on the chart object, then selecting Copy from the menu.

Is there anything that i am missing in the Properties Settings?

Thanks,

Manisha

9 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Manisha,

You can activate in the chart properties tab caption the option "Copy Image to clipboard"17-06-2013 13-36-21.jpg

I hope to help.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Gregorio,

Thanks for the reply

The option which you have mentioned wont be available in the Web-View. What I am looking is some option to copy images in the Ajax client.

Thanks,

Manisha

prasad_dumbre
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi Manisha

Try using IE or Chrome Browser, In Mozilla it may not work . . .

Not applicable
Author

Hi Prasad,

I have tried using IE also but of no help

Thanks,

Manisha

Not applicable
Author

Hi Manisha,

Try to use Internet Explorer and Internet Explorer Plugging, the Ajax Pluggin not allow all options.

Not applicable
Author

Fine Gregorio, i will try that and post the results

Thanks,

Manisha

Alexander_Thor
Employee
Employee

Hey Manisha,

Personally when I want to copy a chart in the AJAX client I select "Print" in the right-click menu.

This will bring up a new page with only your chart where you can copy it. The upside of doing it this way is that I get the chart at a much higher resolution and size. The disadvantage is of course that selecting Print to copy a chart is somewhat confusing

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Alexander.

That works pretty well but its really confusing for my users who would like to copy and have to go to this Print option to get their job done.

Regards,

Manisha

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

It looks like qliktech have been unable to create the same 'copy to clipboard' functionality in Ajax as they have in the standard app or the ie-plugin. Probably due to limitations in what can be achieved in browser only technology. Hopefully some of the new capabilities available in HTML5 will enable them to resolve this.

Note that if the user right clicks and hits print it will actually create a new window with the chart object as an image in it. They can then right click -> save image as. Not perfect but might be good enough.

In Ajax if you have also turned on the special icon 'Copy Image To Clipbaord' this also changes to a 'Print' button.

thanks

Dave