Did you mean: 
lessassy
Creator
Creator

Count Null Value in a set analysis

Hello everyone,

I'm new to Qlikview and i would like to display a bar chart with thoses datas

empty date.PNG

Basically i would like to display thoses lines by priority (Assigned, Pending and Work in progress) based on the facts that there are no resolved yet.

I tried those 3  formulas :

= Count({$<Priority = {'Priority 3 - Medium'},Status = {'Assigned'}, Status = {'Pending'},Status = {'Work in Progress'}>} Priority)

= Count({$<Priority = {'Priority 1 - Critical'},Status = {'Assigned'}, Status = {'Pending'},Status = {'Work in Progress'}>} Priority)

= Count({$<Priority = {'Priority 2 - High'},Status = {'Assigned'}, Status = {'Pending'},Status = {'Work in Progress'}>} Priority)

Count({$<Priority = {'Priority 4 - Low'},Status = {'Assigned'}, Status = {'Pending'},Status = {'Work in Progress'}>} Priority)

But WHen i tried i get only one value while there are many values to display

Incident Ticket P3.PNG

I Tried this type of formula :   Count({<Resolved = {''}, Priority={''Priority 3 - Medium}>} Priority) But it doesn't seem to work. QV doesn't seem to read field with empty value.

If someone could help it will be great

4 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Are they real nulls? If so, you cannot count them but there are workarounds.

You can also use something like this in the set analysis:

Count({< Resolved = {"=Len(Resolved) = 0"} >} Priority)

However, it's not nice. You can flag in the script which lines are empty and count or sum that flag instead.

YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

Hi,

with the data on the image you have attached above, what is your expected output ?

qlikviewwizard
Master II
Master II

Can you attach some dummy data to demonstrate the issue?

lessassy
Creator
Creator
Author

Basically

My datas are those

INC/RITM is Incidents tickets.

Sample excel 2.PNG

Basically I want Qlikview to display incidents that are still not resolved by priority.

To do that i have to select the status Pending, Assigned and Work in Progress which are an indication that there are not closed.

I wanted to use the colomun Resolved as if it's empty it's mean that the incident is not solved. But I figured out that there are issues on my data. So the only reliable field are Status and priority. THe field where i tried those formulas:

= Count({$<Priority = {'Priority 3 - Medium'},Status = {'Assigned'}, Status = {'Pending'},Status = {'Work in Progress'}>} Priority)

= Count({$<Priority = {'Priority 1 - Critical'},Status = {'Assigned'}, Status = {'Pending'},Status = {'Work in Progress'}>} Priority)

= Count({$<Priority = {'Priority 2 - High'},Status = {'Assigned'}, Status = {'Pending'},Status = {'Work in Progress'}>} Priority)

Count({$<Priority = {'Priority 4 - Low'},Status = {'Assigned'}, Status = {'Pending'},Status = {'Work in Progress'}>} Priority)

And it didn't work anyway.

Any solutions.

Thank for the help i really appreciate