Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alwayslearning
Creator
Creator

Count first instance of after a given date(based on another field)

Hi,

I have two tables:

1 shows events which occurred

2 shows the number of activities and related details.

I want to create a flag which I will count to say if an activity occurred after an event.

e.g if there was an event occurred 12.06.18 and an several activities occurred post 12.06.18 e.g. 1 activity on 13.06 and 2 activities on 14.06 then I just want to identify these but ultimately count them as just 1.  I've been trying a flag in the script and then count distinct in the front end but not getting what I want.

There could be multiple events and I don't want to count activities before an event has happened.

I will also want to understand difference between dates like event and first activity after event.

Thanks

4 Replies
isorinrusu
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi Kwok,

Could I see your data model? I need to know how the activities and events are associated.

Regards,

Sorin.

alwayslearning
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi,

They are associated by an Account ID

Table 1: Account Table
Account ID

Table 2: Activity
Account IDActivity NameActivity Date
1Test12.06
1Example14.06
2Test12.06
3Example10.06

Table 3: Event
Account IDEventEvent Date
1Event 113.05
1Event 213.06
2Event 1

This is a sample of the 3 tables.

In the above you see Account 1 had two events and both had activities post event so that would both be counted.

Account 2 had one event but no activities for this account happened after this event. So I don't want to count this one.

(The activity table does not necessarily have a direct correlation with an event so there is no activity ID which directly links to an event ID.  So that is why I want to use post activity after event)

isorinrusu
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi,

I'm not sure what you mean when you say that the Event table is not related to the Activity table. If they're not related, what dates do you want to compare?

Regards,

Sorin.

alwayslearning
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Sorin,

I want to compare Event Date vs Activity date.  It is related via the account but nothing more than that.  So I mean you cannot say that this activity was directly related to this event.  (More of the analysis issue to solve rather than data issue which I'm trying to solve here)

What I am looking to achieve is find first activity date after an event for every event.

Thanks