Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Count new objects

Hello.

I would like to display the count of new Customers, displaying the amount over time in a graph or chart. The problem is that there is no data regarding the date a Customer was created. Therefore I would like to make an expression that counts the amount of customers that have been counted before. I want to show it with time as the dimension, so that I can see from one month to another how many new customers I have.

count ( if ( Customer has not already been counted , Customer ) )

Is this possible? If so, any help will be welcome.

//Johannes

5 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hello Johannes,

why won't you use ORDER DATE instead of the missing CUSTOMER CREATION DATE ?

If every customer has already ordered at list once you could create a FIRST_ORDER flag field and Count the flags

Regards

Olivier

Not applicable
Author

Indeed I thought of counting customers by the first time they make a purchase, but I have a problem trying to doing that. The data I have is neither from a database, nor any files, so I don't use Load or SQL-queries to load the data. I load the data using:

Binary

data.qvw;

Loading data like this is not by choice, and I have no other option. Is there still a way to create new fields and such?

//Johannes

Not applicable
Author

Hello Johannes,

here is a sample code where DATAMART is the fact table from a BINARY instruction load. DATAMART2 is the new fact table.

Hope this helps

Olivier

----------------------------------------------

[DATAMART2:

LOAD *,

1 as MyCounter

RESIDENT DATAMART;

DROP TABLE DATAMART; ]

Not applicable
Author

Thank you for your replies. This should help me alot. Cheers!

//Johannes

Not applicable
Author

By the way, for creating your First Command Flag, you may use the FIRSTSORTEDVALUE function. The example in the Help menu is pretty clear Smile

Regards