Qlik Community

New to QlikView

Discussion board where members can get started with QlikView.

Not applicable

Count new objects

Hello.

I would like to display the count of new Customers, displaying the amount over time in a graph or chart. The problem is that there is no data regarding the date a Customer was created. Therefore I would like to make an expression that counts the amount of customers that have been counted before. I want to show it with time as the dimension, so that I can see from one month to another how many new customers I have.

count ( if ( Customer has not already been counted , Customer ) )

Is this possible? If so, any help will be welcome.

//Johannes

5 Replies
Not applicable

Count new objects

Hello Johannes,

why won't you use ORDER DATE instead of the missing CUSTOMER CREATION DATE ?

If every customer has already ordered at list once you could create a FIRST_ORDER flag field and Count the flags

Regards

Olivier

Not applicable

Count new objects

Indeed I thought of counting customers by the first time they make a purchase, but I have a problem trying to doing that. The data I have is neither from a database, nor any files, so I don't use Load or SQL-queries to load the data. I load the data using:

Binary

data.qvw;

Loading data like this is not by choice, and I have no other option. Is there still a way to create new fields and such?

//Johannes

Not applicable

Count new objects

Hello Johannes,

here is a sample code where DATAMART is the fact table from a BINARY instruction load. DATAMART2 is the new fact table.

Hope this helps

Olivier

----------------------------------------------

[DATAMART2:

LOAD *,

1 as MyCounter

RESIDENT DATAMART;

DROP TABLE DATAMART; ]

Not applicable

Count new objects

Thank you for your replies. This should help me alot. Cheers!

//Johannes

Not applicable

Count new objects

By the way, for creating your First Command Flag, you may use the FIRSTSORTEDVALUE function. The example in the Help menu is pretty clear Smile

Regards

Community Browser