Qlik Community

New to QlikView

Discussion board where members can get started with QlikView.

Announcements

Breathe easy -- you now have more time to plan your next steps with Qlik!
QlikView 11.2 Extended Support is now valid through December 31, 2020. Click here for more information.

Not applicable

Count occurrences of a variable containing a number using grater or lesser than

Hi there qlikview community,

I am still experimenting with qlikview and i have some problems that need solving.

I would like to count occurrences of  variables containing a number using grater or lesser than.I already tried

Count({< [SensorValue] = {'<=[High]>[Low]'} >} [SensorValue])

But it does not seem to work.

Any ideas???

Thanks in advance

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MVP
MVP

Re: Count occurrences of a variable containing a number using grater or lesser than

Hi

Assuming SensorValue is a field and High and Low are variables, then this should work:

Count({<SensorValue = {"<=$(High) >$(Low)"} >} SensorValue)

Regards

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
5 Replies
Not applicable

Re: Count occurrences of a variable containing a number using grater or lesser than

Hi

try this

count({<SensorValue={"<=(high)>=(low)"}>} SensorValue)

if here high and low are variables then use below exp

count({<SensorValue={"<=$(high)>=$(low)"}>} SensorValue)

MVP
MVP

Hi

Assuming SensorValue is a field and High and Low are variables, then this should work:

Count({<SensorValue = {"<=$(High) >$(Low)"} >} SensorValue)

Regards

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Not applicable

Thanks for the help both of you.

Not applicable

Can this be tranformed to an if condition in order to count only when the condition is satisfied???

MVP
MVP

Not sure what you mean. Unless I am misunderstanding your question, that is effectively what the set analysis is doing and set analysis usually performs better than If.

Community Browser