Did you mean: 
s10157754
Creator III
Creator III

Counting number of rows with multiple conditions

Dear Qlikview Experts,

My data model was pasted in below:

Capture.PNG

How can I count the correct number of rows if my 'Type' field is = DST or CST and my 'Step1 - Step4' fields doesn't contain any numbers?

So my desired outcome would be 3 rows?

Thank you for your time in advance!

Best Regards

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

In the back end

=Count({<Type = {'CST', 'DST'}>} If(Len(Step1) or Len(Step2) or Len(Step3) or Len(Step4), Null(), Type))

But a better approach is to create a flag field in the load script

LOAD...

If(Len(Step1) or Len(Step2) or Len(Step3) or Len(Step4), 0, 1) as FlagEmpty,

And then use expression

=Count({<Type = {'CST', 'DST'}, FlagEmpty = {0}>} Type)

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein

View solution in original post

7 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

At the back-end or UI?

s10157754
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Dear Tresesco B,

It was at UI.

My current expression looks like this (Where ProductNumber, Date & Time are my other fields):

count(aggr(if(Rangesum(if(Len(Step1)=0,1),if(Len(Step2)=0,1),if(Len(Step3)=0,1),if(Len(Step4)=0,1),if(Type='DST',1))=5,1),ProductNumber,Date,Time))

However, I was facing problems in adding 'or' into my 'Type' field. Is there any suggestions?

Best Regards

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

In the back end

=Count({<Type = {'CST', 'DST'}>} If(Len(Step1) or Len(Step2) or Len(Step3) or Len(Step4), Null(), Type))

But a better approach is to create a flag field in the load script

LOAD...

If(Len(Step1) or Len(Step2) or Len(Step3) or Len(Step4), 0, 1) as FlagEmpty,

And then use expression

=Count({<Type = {'CST', 'DST'}, FlagEmpty = {0}>} Type)

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

If ProductNumber is an identifying* field for the table, then a pure set analysis expression could be

=Count({<Type = {'CST', 'DST'}, ProductNumber = {"$(=(Len(Step1) or Len(Step2) or Len(Step3) or Len(Step4)) = 0)"} Step)

* a field whose values uniquely identify a row in the table, like a primary key or unique index in SQL.

jyothish8807
Master II
Master II

You can create a straight chart at UI and set Type as Dimension and below as expression:

Or in a text box as you required,

sum(if( (Type ='DST' or Type=CST') and len(trim(Step4))=0 and len(trim(Step3))=0,1,0))

BR,

KC

Best Regards,
KC
s10157754
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Dear Jonathan,

Thank you so much for the help! Your expression is better than my original one! Thank you!

Best Regards

QianNing

abhi1693r
Contributor II
Contributor II

I am trying to count with two conditions and getting results based only on the first condition.

=Count( DISTINCT {<A-={"DC"}>} {<B-={"KC"}>} A&'|'&B)

Can you help with this?

I want OR operator between the two conditions.