Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Counting repeat/returned units

Hi all,

I apologise if this is very vague however I don't really know where to start!

I'm trying to count/flag units that have been sold by any company and then returned to us and sold again by our company. As we don't record returned units to our company this has made the task much harder.

The aim is to show a percentage each month of returned units.

I really have no idea where to go with this but it is a very important piece of analysis.

Once again I apologise for the vagueness!

Thanks

Gareth

4 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

Let's start with what you have rather than what you don't have. Let us know the facts your company records while selling or buying.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks tresesco any help will be greatly appreciated.

We record,

sold.date

sold.month

unit.id

unit.vendor

unit.buyer

m.id_no (this is a unique number that is generated everytime the unit is sold)

these are the only fields that I think are relevant other fields we have are colour, price, type which I don't believe would help.

I was looking at using the unit.id as the dimension and the expression as match(unit.vendor, 'vendor1','vendorourcompany') but this would just show units that have been sold at some point by a vendor and our company which isn't what I am trying to achieve. Maybe doing something with match( but adding in if it has been sold by a vendor and then one month later sold by our company, this would then show the correct units.

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Sorry, not really clear. Could you give an example of transactions and explain?

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

If a returned item is resold , is there any field that can link the two sales, like unit.id?

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein