Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bvmike2001
Contributor III
Contributor III

Cout for prev days related to a selected date

Hello,

i have this issue:

- i have a calandar to select month and day and i want to make some items count for ther previous 7 day of that date selected (i want to count items registered in the last 7 days from the selected date) per agent. for agent selection i have a list.

my model is:

item no.     reg_date     agent_id

Thank you,

Mihai

5 Replies
MayilVahanan

HI

Try like this

=count({<reg_date = {'>=$(=max(reg_date-7))<=$(=min(reg_date))'}>}itemNo)

hope it helps

Thanks & Regards, Mayil Vahanan R
Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Create a variable vDate to calculate the date from your selections of year,month and day. If your calendar fields are named calYear, calMonth and calDay this would be done like:

vDate = makedate(calYear,calMonth,calDay)

Then use the variable vDate in an expression to calculate the count of item no's in the previous 7 days:

=count({$<[reg_date]={'>=$(vDate-7)<$(vDate)'  }  >} [item no.])

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
bvmike2001
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Ook...but i don't uderstand your formula.

Can you explain it to me please?

Thanks!

Not applicable

hi, It is set Analysis. Explore community for it you, you can found a lot of information about it.

Here I am attaching a file for your study.

Hope it will help you.

Regards

- Anil

Gysbert_Wassenaar

You want to count item no.'s from the 7 days previous to a date you choose. Lets call the date you choose vDate

So the reg_date should be smaller than vDate and larger than vDate - 7 days. The set expression means just that. We start with count([item no.]). Then we add the set analysis expression to filter reg_date: {$<[reg_date]={'>=$(vDate-7)<$(vDate)'}>}.

The entire set analysis expression is enclosed by {}. The first $ means we use the current selections.  Between the first < and the last > are the filters, in this case only on the field [reg_date].

So [reg_date] = {..filter conditions..}. In this case the filter condition has two parts: >=$(vDate-7) and <$(vDate).

vDate still needs to be calculated and that's what dollar expansion does: $(vDate) calculates the expression we used in the variable. It calculates makedate(calYear,calMonth,calDay) so we get a date back.

See this document for an introduction to set analysis:

http://community.qlik.com/servlet/JiveServlet/previewBody/1867-102-1-1858/QlikLearn-Set-Analysis-Pre...

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand