Qlik Community

New to QlikView

Discussion board where members can get started with QlikView.

rittermd
Honored Contributor

Create Filter Box looks like a pull-down

I need to create a filter(list box) that looks like a regular pull down box with an up/down arrow on the end.  I have found a similar thing in a QV application but can not get it to work. 

The field name is LOB.  I have this code on the text object:

=IF(Count(LOB)=Count({<LOB=>}LOB),

'All',

GetFieldSelections(LOB, ', ')

)

There is also a variable called vfilter.  There is an action to Set Variable that does this - =if(vFilter=1,0,1)

So the text object looks exactly how I want it.  But doesn't work.

There is also another text object right next to it that displays the arrow.

The code is =IF(vFilter=1, '▲', '▼')

And the action is =IF(vFilter=1,0,1)

There is a disconnect somewhere because it will display ALL but will not display the values in this field to select.

I am missing something but am not sure what it is. 

Thank you

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
nagaiank
Valued Contributor III

Re: Create Filter Box looks like a pull-down

The suggestion given above will work for sure.

The way that can be implemented is given below.

The top two objects are text boxes and bottom object is a listbox without caption.

The gaps between the boxes are for illustration only and you may bring the boxes together without gaps.

Capture.PNG

View solution in original post

4 Replies
MVP & Luminary
MVP & Luminary

I'm not really sure if your intended functionality could be reached with a single listbox. Maybe you need to combine a listbox or a textbox with buttons for ▲ ▼. Also an alternatively could be to use a multibox or a customized pivot:

Building a nicer, dynamic QlikView multibox The Qlik Fix!

- Marcus 

neetha_p
Honored Contributor

Hi,

Try with input box:

http://community.qlik.com/thread/61224

To add a drop-down selection to an input box, go to Input Box Properties > Constraints > Value List > Select 'Predefined Values in Drop-down', > Deselect 'Enable Edit Expression Dialog' > Select 'Listed Value' > Enter values separated by a semi-colon

or

concat(distinct(fieldname), ',') - Use this syntax to  call the all values of listbox in listedvalues of inputbox.

Regards

Neetha

rittermd
Honored Contributor

I know that this approach works as I see it working in another dashboard.  I just don't quite understand what it is doing and what is missing.

Unfortunately my client hired a design firm and they want the new dashboard to look exactly like the design.  Even though it was not designed with QlikView in mind. 

nagaiank
Valued Contributor III

The suggestion given above will work for sure.

The way that can be implemented is given below.

The top two objects are text boxes and bottom object is a listbox without caption.

The gaps between the boxes are for illustration only and you may bring the boxes together without gaps.

Capture.PNG

View solution in original post