Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
peterderrington
Creator II
Creator II

Create a button that selects multiple selections from one field

Hi,

I'm sure there must be an easy way to do this but i can't seem to find it.

I want to create a button that when pressed selects a predefined list of items that are contained in a field.

I have tried to use:

=GetFieldSelections('19 Albion Road','2 Manor Walk Benton','2 Swarland Avenue','31 West Farm Avenue','381 West Farm Avenue','49 Marine Avenue Surgery','69, Park Parade','93, Park Road')

but to no avail.

The list contains approx 100 items (the whole field contains over 400).

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Peter

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

Try this with select in field action

Field

FieldName

Search String

("19 Albion Road"|"2 Manor Walk Benton"|"2 Swarland Avenue"|"31 West Farm Avenue"|"381 West Farm Avenue"|"49 Marine Avenue Surgery"|"69, Park Parade"|"93, Park Road")

View solution in original post

8 Replies
sunny_talwar

Try this with select in field action

Field

FieldName

Search String

("19 Albion Road"|"2 Manor Walk Benton"|"2 Swarland Avenue"|"31 West Farm Avenue"|"381 West Farm Avenue"|"49 Marine Avenue Surgery"|"69, Park Parade"|"93, Park Road")

peterderrington
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thanks for this Sunny.

I've had a few problems with the difference between QlikViews speech marks and words:

QlikView: ("19 Albion Road"|"2 Manor Walk Benton")

Word: (“19 Albion Road”|”2 Manor Walk Benton”)

It wouldn't see the list when i imported it in from Word so I've had to go through each one and reapply the speech marks.

I'm still having problems with it accepting my current full selection but i'm assuming thats down to either a syntax error (i might have missed a speech mark) or if theres a limit to the number of selections that can be in the list.

sunny_talwar

I'm still having problems with it accepting my current full selection but i'm assuming thats down to either a syntax error (i might have missed a speech mark) or if theres a limit to the number of selections that can be in the list.

Difficult to say without having a look, but in general this is the syntax for multiple selections with spaces in the values

("Text 1"|"Text 2"|....)

ellwoodis
Contributor
Contributor

That gives me 

Error in Expression: ')' expected

Another idea?

cvenancio15
Contributor II
Contributor II

I have the same problem. Does anyone know the solution? 

Almen
Creator II
Creator II

The Qlik-Dashboard Bundle provides you with a button (Called Button for Navigation) that you can define to do either Action or Navigation tasks. Select Action and look for Select Multiple Values in a Field. 

cvenancio15
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi Almen,
Yes, it's true, but I have a problem when I try to add multiples values. 
("Lisbon "|"Madrid"|"Paris" ) I try this form, but give me error "expected ()"

Almen
Creator II
Creator II

Did you try using the Navigation Button extension? Because it specificially asks you to use ; as a separator.