Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brigadier
Contributor II
Contributor II

Create a chart that sums a value grouped by selected criteria

I am very new to Qlikview so first off apologies for asking what is most likely a really straightforward question. But not only that, asking it rather badly.

I am currently using a sandpit of a couple of SQL tables while we start to get an idea of what we want to achieve. I know how to do it in SQL, namely this query:

select sum(value), res

from QLIKVIEW_99_GLMONEY MONEY

inner join QLIKVIEW_99_GLMAPPER mapper

ON money.CCCode = mapper.cccode

group by res;

that returns these results:

value res

50000.00 RES02

100000.00 RES01

200000.00 RES02

75000.00 RES01

I want to be able to produce that in a simple chart. But am unable to figure out how. Having done that I would also like to be able to select the other criteria to group by - Act and Col - so that it calculates the sum of the value according to that criteria.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
brigadier
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I had a colleague look into this. He has pointed out that it was because I had the field that I was trying to aggregate by included as a dimension. So once I removed Value and WTEact from the dimensions, the chart worked the way I wanted it to.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
sunny_talwar

The attached qvw has section access... would you be able to remove it and repost the document?

Anonymous
Not applicable

You also use a Group By statement in the LOAD script. Something like this:

LEFT JOIN(SourceTable)

LOAD res,

Sum(Value) AS TotalValue

Resident SourceTable Group By res;

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/February2018/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Scripting/ScriptRegularStateme...

shiveshsingh
Master
Master

can you paste data or script here? or remove section access from your shared qvw

brigadier
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Sorry, oversight on my part. I have removed the section access and also copied the data from the SQL connection into an inline table so it is present in the model for you to see. What I want to do is in the third table:

1) Sum the value grouped by Res.

2) Be able to change the grouping from Res to Col or Act. !

brigadier
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I had a colleague look into this. He has pointed out that it was because I had the field that I was trying to aggregate by included as a dimension. So once I removed Value and WTEact from the dimensions, the chart worked the way I wanted it to.