Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Create a qvw file from a batch

We have a requirement at our end where we want the qvw file for data model has to be prepared through batch process and the business user will start create the visualization directly from already created Qvw file. We can create the script file and store it in a place we would like to create QVW file also by running this script though a backend process. Is there any options available to achieve this requirement.

9 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Do you have a QLikView Server?

Antoine

Not applicable
Author

yes

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Then use the QlikView Server to refresh the first QVW and load it into the second QVW.

Not applicable
Author

i need to create first QVW  file also with batch script... so i could i do that

giakoum
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

why do you need that? Does the reload script change every time?

Not applicable
Author

why i need we are having data in an internal tables in SAP system... from there we are downloading it as a XML file... so we dont want to again load it to qlik view manually .. that why we want to load that data model into QVW file by using batch script...

maxgro
MVP
MVP

not very clear for me but I'll try to answer

1) you can reload a qlikview docuemtn from a batch (.cmd or .bat); see attachment

2) if you want to change the script of the qlikview document (you reload in batch) you can use one or more include in your qlikview document and create the include before running the batch

Not applicable
Author

By this we can open QVW file . but my requirement is to create a QVW file from .bat script

Not applicable
Author

Perhaps this thread can be of use:

Batch file to create a new .qvw and save to a folder