Qlik Community

New to QlikView

Discussion board where members can get started with QlikView.

Highlighted
bharani8
Contributor III

Create buttons with Actions

Hi Experts - For the attached chart.. i need to have 3 buttons.. say "0%-10%" ; "11%-20%",">20%"... When i click the "0%-10%" button... %'s belonging to those shuld reflect in my chart (chk attached qvw).. like wise for other buttons as well..

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Re: Create buttons with Actions

I added a new table in the field like this

LOAD * Inline [

Aging_Bucket1

Null

];

and then used this expression

=If(Len(Trim(Concat(DISTINCT {<Aging_Bucket1 = {"=sum(Amt)/sum({<Aging_Bucket1>}TOTAL Amt) > 0.1 and sum(Amt)/sum({<Aging_Bucket1>}TOTAL Amt) <= 0.20"}>} Chr(34) & Aging_Bucket1 & Chr(34), '|'))) > 0,

'=sum(Amt)/sum({<Aging_Bucket1>}TOTAL Amt) > 0.1 and sum(Amt)/sum({<Aging_Bucket1>}TOTAL Amt) <= 0.20',  'null')

Change the action to this (ignore selection in PL)

=If(Len(Trim(Concat(DISTINCT {<PL = {"=sum({<PL>}Actual)/sum({<PL>}Target) > 0.85 and sum({<PL>}Actual)/sum({<PL>}Target) <= 2.00"}>} Chr(34) & PL & Chr(34), '|'))) > 0,

'=sum({<PL>}Actual)/sum({<PL>}Target) > 0.85 and sum({<PL>}Actual)/sum({<PL>}Target) <= 2.00',  'null')

49 Replies
prieper
Honored Contributor II

Base formula may look like

IF(sum(Amt)/sum(TOTAL Amt) > 0.3 AND sum(Amt)/sum(TOTAL Amt) < 0.4, sum(Amt))

0.3 and 0.4 might be replaced by corresponding variables.

These variables might be set in a trigger.

bharani8
Contributor III

Can you show that in the qvw file ?

see the attached

bharani8
Contributor III

Hi Kushal - is it possible to do without changing the expression? I mean.. with my old expression itself...

antoniotiman
Honored Contributor III

Hi Bharani,

see Attachment.

Regards,

Antonio

No, as your requirement is by creating the buttons and click on that you need to change the expression

Or
Valued Contributor II

I'd recommend against the approach of only showing partial values (and I'd also recommend against using a line to show the percentages - there's no association between them and the line is misleading). I've used a similar approach to highlight the relevant values within the chart - suggestion is attached.

bharani8
Contributor III

Wow this looks So Simple!! Thanks!! But may i know why u changed the expression for % ? Why is that required? Can u plz explain to understand ?

bharani8
Contributor III

Hi Shoham - Good idea.. But my requirement is to show only those pertaining to those %'s... Not to Highlight..