Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bharani8
Creator III
Creator III

Create buttons with Actions

Hi Experts - For the attached chart.. i need to have 3 buttons.. say "0%-10%" ; "11%-20%",">20%"... When i click the "0%-10%" button... %'s belonging to those shuld reflect in my chart (chk attached qvw).. like wise for other buttons as well..

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

I added a new table in the field like this

LOAD * Inline [

Aging_Bucket1

Null

];

and then used this expression

=If(Len(Trim(Concat(DISTINCT {<Aging_Bucket1 = {"=sum(Amt)/sum({<Aging_Bucket1>}TOTAL Amt) > 0.1 and sum(Amt)/sum({<Aging_Bucket1>}TOTAL Amt) <= 0.20"}>} Chr(34) & Aging_Bucket1 & Chr(34), '|'))) > 0,

'=sum(Amt)/sum({<Aging_Bucket1>}TOTAL Amt) > 0.1 and sum(Amt)/sum({<Aging_Bucket1>}TOTAL Amt) <= 0.20',  'null')

View solution in original post

sunny_talwar

Change the action to this (ignore selection in PL)

=If(Len(Trim(Concat(DISTINCT {<PL = {"=sum({<PL>}Actual)/sum({<PL>}Target) > 0.85 and sum({<PL>}Actual)/sum({<PL>}Target) <= 2.00"}>} Chr(34) & PL & Chr(34), '|'))) > 0,

'=sum({<PL>}Actual)/sum({<PL>}Target) > 0.85 and sum({<PL>}Actual)/sum({<PL>}Target) <= 2.00',  'null')

View solution in original post

49 Replies
prieper
Master II
Master II

Base formula may look like

IF(sum(Amt)/sum(TOTAL Amt) > 0.3 AND sum(Amt)/sum(TOTAL Amt) < 0.4, sum(Amt))

0.3 and 0.4 might be replaced by corresponding variables.

These variables might be set in a trigger.

bharani8
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Can you show that in the qvw file ?

Kushal_Chawda

see the attached

bharani8
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Kushal - is it possible to do without changing the expression? I mean.. with my old expression itself...

antoniotiman
Master III
Master III

Hi Bharani,

see Attachment.

Regards,

Antonio

Kushal_Chawda

No, as your requirement is by creating the buttons and click on that you need to change the expression

Or
MVP
MVP

I'd recommend against the approach of only showing partial values (and I'd also recommend against using a line to show the percentages - there's no association between them and the line is misleading). I've used a similar approach to highlight the relevant values within the chart - suggestion is attached.

bharani8
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Wow this looks So Simple!! Thanks!! But may i know why u changed the expression for % ? Why is that required? Can u plz explain to understand ?

bharani8
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Shoham - Good idea.. But my requirement is to show only those pertaining to those %'s... Not to Highlight..