Qlik Community

New to QlikView

Discussion board where members can get started with QlikView.

Highlighted
Not applicable

Creating Aging Buckets within QlikView

Hello,

I need help creating Aging Buckets. I think the best way to do that is in Load script. So far I was able to accomplish the following:

1) Calculated number of days using the following script:

Load Interval(Now()-[Estimated Delivery Date],'dd') as [Estimated Delivery Date Aging],

Interval(Now()-[Actual Submit Date],'dd') as [Actual Submit Date Aging],

Interval(Now()-[Reservation Created Date],'dd') as [Reservation Created Date Aging],

2) As a next step, I need to create buckets based on recently created 'Estimated Delivery Date Aging'. However, I get an error saying that 'Estimated Delivery Date Aging field doesn't exist'

3) I was able to create aging buckets within a graph. However, I'm not able to select individual aging category.

Here are the properties:

Ultimately, I need to be able to drill down to individual aging buckets (which I am not able to do at this point)

I appreciate your help!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MVP
MVP

Re: Creating Aging Buckets within QlikView

6 Replies
Partner
Partner

If your buckets were all of the same size, you could use the class function in your script. You can create a table with the boundaries of each bucket and use the intervalmatch function to associate the age with the buckets.

MVP
MVP

Instead of creating multiple expressions, classify your aging values in the script, here is a discussion showing multiple approaches on a similar topic:

creating an age group from a date field

2) If you want to use a field you just created in your script, you need  a preceding load to reference this field:

LOAD *,

if( A > 10,1,0) as Flag;

LOAD

if( B = 'X', RAND()*20) as A,

B

FROM ...;

MVP
MVP

Not applicable

Massimo,

Thank you so much for your response! I was able to recreate a graph. However, I'm not sure how I can make the buckets look like the original graph (assuming equal buckets)

I addition, the buckets should be assigned following this logic:

Current of Future - <=0

1-20 Days Overdue

21-40 Day Overdue

Over 100 days overdue

MVP
MVP

not sure to understand

using my solution you can change the name and/or number and/or limit of buckets in the table RangeForIntervalMatch

Not applicable

Thank you Massimo! The graph works perfectly!