Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
manpri7078
Creator
Creator

Creating Input Box with values from input field

Dear All,

I want to create an input box with drop down values picking from a field list. The creation of list box is no problem but I want to create an input box for the same. The reason being I don't want to select that field because then whole Qlikview document will show objects with reference to that field.

I want to use that input box selection as a variable in some expressions independent of other objects anywhere else in the document and be restricted to that expression only.

The field is of month name and I want to select the desired month name from drop down values in an input box. The predefined values should show all possible values from that field or show only those values which are within n months back from a selected month.

Regards,

Manish Prasad

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

Try this

=Concat({1}DISTINCT Date([Mon-Y], 'MMM-YY'), ',', Date([Mon-Y], 'MMM-YY'))

View solution in original post

11 Replies
sunny_talwar

What issue are you running into when you create the input box? Is it not working? I mean you mentioned what you want and you seem to know what you want... but what is holding you back here? Can you share a sample?

manpri7078
Creator
Creator
Author

I am not able to create an input box. I am new to qlikview. I want to create an input box just as a list box is created from a particular field.

Regards,

Manish Prasad

Not applicable

please check the attachment.

place below expression in listed value on contraint tab.

=concat(distinct {<Month=>}Month,',')

sunny_talwar

Would you be able to share a sample where we can show you how it can be done?

manpri7078
Creator
Creator
Author

I am attaching sample document for my query.

In the attached document one list box is there for the month name. I want to create an input box independent from any selection in the list box but with values taking from list of month names. and then I want to use that input as a variable in my some expressions.

Hope I am able to clarify my query

Regards

Manish Prasad !

Not applicable

PFA

sunny_talwar

Check the attached

Capture.PNG

Although the Month selection is May, we are seeing the expression show Jan based on the variable vInputMonth. Also, vInputMonth has a dropdown which would make selection easier

Capture.PNG

manpri7078
Creator
Creator
Author

I have made a small correction in your expression and it is

=Concat({1}DISTINCT [Mon-Y], ',', Date([Mon-Y], 'MMM-YY'))

It is giving results in month values as for example 42856.

It is not showing in the format MMM-YY. Can you tell me the reason and how to implement it

Regards

Manish Prasad

sunny_talwar

Try this

=Concat({1}DISTINCT Date([Mon-Y], 'MMM-YY'), ',', Date([Mon-Y], 'MMM-YY'))