cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Creating Report for top 2 answers given by category by country

Hi All

I need to generate a report where i have to show most frequently selected top 2 answers for 3 Categories.

Note the question is the same  (question1) but the answers are different for each category

My Data consist  of:

Country -     Multiple countries

Category -      Category1, Category2, Category3

Question  -     Question1

Answers   -   For Category1: Answer10, Answer11,Answer12, Asnwer13,Anser14, Answer15, Answer16

For Category2: Answer20, Answer21,Answer22, Asnwer23,Anser24, Answer25, Answer26

For Category3: Answer30, Answer31,Answer32, Asnwer33,Anser34, Answer35, Answer36

Reference -     Unique for each line of data

For example:

Category1 : out of 32 answers for Question1

with      Answer10 - 4 times

Answer11  - 9 times

Answer12  - 3 times

Answer13  - 12 times

Answer14  - 0 times

Answer15  - 2 times

Answer16  - 2 times

Japan for Category1 - Answer13 (37.5%) - Answer11 (28.12%)

I have included the inline data as sample for  one country.

The expected report should look something like this

Report1.PNG

Note that The percentages next to Each Answer can be either on a seperate column or concatenated with the text: Answer11 (29.72%)

Thank you all for your guidance

4 Replies
rubenmarin

Hi boghos, I attach a script solution, maybe it's needed to add 'Question' field to the grouping for precalculate the ranks.

effinty2112
Master
Master

Hi Boghos,

With the data you posted you can create this pivot table:

Category Category1Category2Category3
Country Top%2nd%Top%2nd%Top%2nd%
JapanAnswer1129.73%Answer1021.62%Answer2133.33%Answer2019.30%Answer3155.07%Answer32

18.84%

Dimensions are Category and Country

Expressions are:

Top:     Aggr(if(Rank(Count(Answers),1,1)=1,Answers),Category,Country,Answers)

%:          Aggr(if(Rank(Count(Answers),1,1)=1,Count(Answers)),Category,Country,Answers)/Count(Answers)

2nd:     Aggr(if(Rank(Count(Answers),1,1)=2,Answers),Category,Country,Answers)

%:          Aggr(if(Rank(Count(Answers),1,1)=2,Count(Answers)),Category,Country,Answers)/Count(Answers)

Regards

Andrew

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Dear Andrew

Sorry if i should have added this as a reply to the original post rather that a reply to already answered (and marked as correct) question.

But i'm hopping that at least you will notice it.

Your original Answers had to modify them slightly to the following:

=Aggr(if(Rank(Count({<Questions={'Question1'},Answers-={''}>} Answers),1,1)=1,Answers),Category,Country,Answers)

=Aggr(if(Rank(Count({<Questions={'Question1'},Answers-={''}>} Answers),1,1)=1,Count({<Questions={'Question1'}>} Answers)),Category, Country,Answers)/Count({<Questions={'Question1'},Answers-={''}>} Answers)

since some answers for question1 where left blank i added the part {<Questions={'Question1'},Answers-={''}>} since i don't want blank answers taken into conisderation.

I have an additional requeirement:

Each survey (in addition to Question1) has Question2 where possible answers are 1,2,3,4,5.

We want to keep the same logic as above but only for surveys that have Question2 answered 4 and below(exclude answer 5).

Tried this for the count: P({<Questions={'Question2'}, Answers-={'5'}>}) * P({<Questions={'Question1'}, Answers-={''}>})

But for some reason i could not get it right

Can you please advise

thank you so much