Qlik Community

New to QlikView

Discussion board where members can get started with QlikView.

Highlighted
jolienjansen
New Contributor II

Creating a piechart based on Count()

Hey everyone,

I have created a table that shows the totals of certain variables. I have calculated this table by using count()

The table looks something like this:

Total assignmentsExecuted assignments(sum)Planned assignments(sum)Future assignments(sum)

I would like to create a piechart that is based on these numbers (so a pie chart with 3 pieces). However, since these sums are based on other variables, I cannot just select "executed assignments" as a variable for the piechart. In the programs I am used to I would probably  change the table format into a  long table. However, I am still new to qlikview, and I have no idea how to solve it.

Thanks for your help!

Greetings, Jolien

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Partner
Partner

Re: Creating a piechart based on Count()

I don't have an app or example of this readily available, but I think using a ValueList() is a good solution here.  I have used this in the past in situations like this and have had a lot of success.

This is the link to the ValueList help section.

Let us know if this doesn't meet your needs,

Nate

2 Replies
Partner
Partner

I don't have an app or example of this readily available, but I think using a ValueList() is a good solution here.  I have used this in the past in situations like this and have had a lot of success.

This is the link to the ValueList help section.

Let us know if this doesn't meet your needs,

Nate

jolienjansen
New Contributor II

Thanks Nate, that indeed did the trick! Needed some time to figure out the exact working of the function, but it's working fine now.