Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Creating a table from subcategories

Hello,

I have a category called 'Ranking' in my straight table. In this field are numbers 1-5 (I am creating a QV Report based on survey results, so each attendee is ranking 10 different presentations from a 1 to a 5) I want to create a table that counts how many 5's , 4's, 3's, 2,;s and 1's there are for each presentation. Do i need to create an if statement in expressions or is there something in the script i need to do? I feel like this is really simple, but I can't figure it out, would appreciate some help! Hopefully these tables make it more clear

THis is the table i have now which i pulled from excel:

Attendee
Company
Presentation Title
Speaker
Ranking
Comments

A

AAsfasdfssdafsdf2
BBBsafdsfsadfads4
CCCsafdsasfdsa5
DDDasdfsafsfads2
EEEsafadssadfs1
FFFasdfsadfdsfasd5

What i want is to display the survey results by each point (1-5) that people rank the presentations.

Presentation
5: Excellent
1: Poor
Average

1 Reply
johnw
Champion III
Champion III

Looks like a pivot table with dimensions Presentation and Ranking (or perhaps Ranking Description), and an expression like count(distinct Attendee).  The problem with that is that your Average column would instead be just the total number of people at that presentation.  So you actually need to modify the calculation depending on if you're one of the rankings or if you're the "Total" for the column.  Hmmm, it's taking me longer to try to find an existing example on my hard disk than it would take to build you one.  So see attached.  Here's the expression:

if(secondarydimensionality(),num(count(distinct Attendee),'#,##0'),num(avg(Rank),'#,##0.0'))