Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Creating an inline table and trying to do some what if analysis

Hi, i just have read this article and im trying to do what if analysis with an inline table. Im talking about the article given in this thread what if. I know it´s weird but it´s a little example to understaund the concept, but i would like to know if this is right.

Thank you!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

Looks good.

You can show % signs in the slider by adjusting the formatting of the slider as attached and then adjusting the multiplier in the straight table expressions by removing /100.

Consider using 'background color' property of each expression in the chart properties. On the expression tab, hit '+' next to the expression to view the background color

you could write something like this to show green or red depending if the what if # is higher or lower than the actual #:

if (   [Actual Avg Sales] * (1 + vSales2)  > [Actual Avg Sales] , green(), if (   [Actual Avg Sales] * (1 + vSales2) = [Actual Avg Sales] , black(), red()))

View solution in original post

4 Replies
JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

Looks good.

You can show % signs in the slider by adjusting the formatting of the slider as attached and then adjusting the multiplier in the straight table expressions by removing /100.

Consider using 'background color' property of each expression in the chart properties. On the expression tab, hit '+' next to the expression to view the background color

you could write something like this to show green or red depending if the what if # is higher or lower than the actual #:

if (   [Actual Avg Sales] * (1 + vSales2)  > [Actual Avg Sales] , green(), if (   [Actual Avg Sales] * (1 + vSales2) = [Actual Avg Sales] , black(), red()))

Not applicable
Author

Thank you, I found strange that there are only a fews examples of what if analysis, and i didnt found nothing simple with inline tables.

Cheers!

JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

check out the demo sample QVW here:  specifically the 'Sales Analysis' tab  -> 'What If'

QlikView

Not applicable
Author

Thanks!